2.2.9 still RC ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.2.9 still RC ?

According to the members area 2.2.9 is still a RC...just wondered why it's still a RC when it's been released for so long now ?

Ta

Originally posted by bahbah
    According to the members area 2.2.9 is still a RC...just wondered why it's still a RC when it's been released for so long now ?

Ta
    RC = Release Canidate.

For more info, see the related threads.
    :)

Comment

Ta
      I guess they've been a little tied up with launching vB3 on vB.com, or perhaps there's just a few coding issues they want to cement before they release 2.2.9 stable

Comment

I have my own wild theory: that they're planning to release vB3 beta at the same time as 2.2.9. But no evidence to support it so don't get your hopes up. Being a mod at vBT doesn't give me access to release dates
        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
          I have my own wild theory: that they're planning to release vB3 beta at the same time as 2.2.9.
          Thanks for the laugh

Comment

(I know what an RC release is thankyou )

I guess they've been a little tied up with launching vB3 on vB.com, or perhaps there's just a few coding issues they want to cement before they release 2.2.9 stable
            Yea that's what I had kinda guessed. Was kinda hoping to upgrade sometime soon to 2.2.9 however. An RC on a production server isn't the best idea I'm sure you can appreciate

Comment

Ta
              I think its more to do with the latest security vunerabilties, which I'm sure they are trying to eliminate.
              Raz - KMC Forums

Comment

Ta

It's better to keep it in Release Candidate stages for a couple weeks, suppose that vb 2.2.9 had been released out of RC on let's say thursday and then on Saturday to discovere another Security bug and other small glitches causing a vb 2.2.10 ...... this isnt the first vb 2.2.X series has been in RC stages for a couple of days after the release.

Comment

my guess is you will see 2.2.9 final tommorrow afternoon
                  MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                  Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

I think it's safe to assume that the delay is associated with the new XSS bug. If you look at the other releases, you will see that it always went from RC to Stable after three days.

Comment

Originally posted by baragon0
                      I think it's safe to assume that the delay is associated with the new XSS bug. If you look at the other releases, you will see that it always went from RC to Stable after three days.
                      More or less related to the XSS, i'm searching through all the files for any more possible XSS in the light of the 3 that have surfaced in that past week.
                      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by baragon0
                        Yes, generally we've only declared a release stable after 3 days of no more reported bugs or problems. If there is a problem, then it's a minimum of three days from the last reported problem.

In this case, when Scott is happy that all of the XSS issues are gone, we'll run the code somewhere (not sure where though as we can't here! ) for a couple of days to make sure the fixes do not cause any other problems then release.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesUS
                          Yes, generally we've only declared a release stable after 3 days of no more reported bugs or problems. If there is a problem, then it's a minimum of three days from the last reported problem.

In this case, when Scott is happy that all of the XSS issues are gone, we'll run the code somewhere (not sure where though as we can't here! ) for a couple of days to make sure the fixes do not cause any other problems then release.
                          I'm just gonna be happy when Jelsoft releases vB3
                          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

You guys take all the time you need, i hope 2.2.9 gold will be the last in the line of the v2 releases .

Comment

I'll let you test it on my dedicated server if you want. Lemme know and I can setup a database and FTP access for you guys. Although I'm sure you have your own private servers you could use, but in case you don't, my server is available.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X