Mod Cp! [Now contains some admin cp screenshots - Kier]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ManagerJosh
    Close to 7000 owners...I like that (unless someone registered multiple usernames under the same account )
    That's only the number of people who have registered at the forums here. Many more don't even register here, or don't put their name down to be marked as licensed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kier
      Okay, well you've all waited for this... so...

Template Editor
      Is that list of template groups in an iFrame? I thought they were bad for Netscape users.

Comment

• Originally posted by N9ne
        Well, you can change the appearance of it yourself, and as for it looking too complicated, come on Mist, surely you don't find it complicated...you even know some PHP...and have been using vB for a while!
        I didn't mean it for me..

I'm talking about potential customers

If i was new and looking for a forum software the admin cp looks foul and newbies dont kno how to play with the cp.css or whatever the filename will be called in vb3

Also yes im sure i'll understand how the template system works but even still there are newbies who still dont know how the proper template system works! God knows what they'll do with this new one... but i'll have to wait and make my judgements when i get to play with the software

Regards

- miSt
        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Originally posted by Jakeman
          the thick borders and gradients are too much for an admin control panel. it's too busy. plus i think the light blues and whites are ugly colors. i like the simple look of the vB2 admin cp... it just needs new colors cos purple sucks.
          Finally someone who speaks his mind and the truth other than me

Join the club Jake

Regards

- miSt
          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• I personally think it's quite nice. It's only an admin cp, as long as it's easy to navigate and use that's all I care about. It could be neon green for all I care, or maybe pink

Comment

you guys like the color scheme? i guess i'm the only one that doesn't like it still.
              I dont like the colours, looks like a really bad Style XP theme.O_o I'm sure the functionality is a lot better, the look aint tho.

I dont care about the look though, I dont spend hours in the CP looking at it anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by nemesis01
                I dont like the colours, looks like a really bad Style XP theme.O_o I'm sure the functionality is a lot better, the look aint tho.

I dont care about the look though, I dont spend hours in the CP looking at it anyway.
                I'm not concerned at all with the colours, I just want to play with those new features I have over 50 style sets, so I'm a bit of a template freak LOL

Comment

• If it doesn't ship in pretty pink, I will NOT buy it! PERIOD

Comment

• pff @ pretty pink.
                    Try a REAL color, like magenta :P
                    My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
                    That forum

Comment

you guys like the color scheme? i guess i'm the only one that doesn't like it still.
                      I agree with you. The color scheme itself isn't bad IMO. I don't mind blues. But its just too blue. Everything is blue. At least one other color would at least balance it a little. I also dislike the 3d edging of the tables.

However, no real point in criticizing it as we can all change it so easily anyways.

Comment

I agree, but it doesn't bother me that much because it can easily be changed. The only thing I don't like about the new template editor is that you absolutely can't edit more than one template at the same time. Without openning the same editor in multiple windows and then navigating to the right template, that is.

Originally posted by xiphoid
                        Now, imagine the style isn't finished yet?
                        Who knows how it looks when Kier decides to upload his new .img's
                        The Admin CP style is final, it's the front-end that's missing a design.
                        Chen Avinadav
                        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• To tell the truth - I don't like the new vBulletin logo, I like the old one better...

Not that it really worries me; I will change the logo in the admin cp anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by DWZ
                            To tell the truth - I don't like the new vBulletin logo, I like the old one better...

Not that it really worries me; I will change the logo in the admin cp anyway
                            You're right!!!
                            Sorry for my bad English! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Chen
                              I agree, but it doesn't bother me that much because it can easily be changed. The only thing I don't like about the new template editor is that you absolutely can't edit more than one template at the same time. Without openning the same editor in multiple windows and then navigating to the right template, that is.
                              Isn't that how it works now? (or have I been doing it the long way all this time? LOL)

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkB
                                Isn't that how it works now? (or have I been doing it the long way all this time? LOL)
                                Now, currently you can just Shift+Click any link and it will open in a new window. Since everything is JavaScripted now, you can't.
                                Chen Avinadav
                                Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X