X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• local vb

hello all,

I was wondering... if i dont have a license for vB, am i allowed to run it on my pc? i have a router with a built in firewall, so no one can access my local server. i only use it for testing php and mysql.

i can give you my IP that way if you would like to check for the board to be online. (which it wouldnt, since i have no license)

i am asking this because i would like to see how well i like vB and i am thinking about buying. Please respond. thank you for your time.

Ofcourse not.

If you do not have a license, then you did not download it through the members area. Which means you have a 'warez' version of the product. Therefor you are already breaking copyright.

There are other bulletin boards on the market that are freeware which you can download and use to test your PHP and MySQL setup on your localhost.

The rule that a member can run another unlicensed copy on his system/localhost is only for license holders (ofcourse!) and it is a temporary thing they can do in order to test a setup or some upgrade, prior to a real production envirenment.

Click on the 'purchase' button at the bottom of this page and get yourself a license or immediatly remove it from your system. <-- my advice.

Comment

Well, it would be illegal you to have vB without a licence.

Comment

im not running it on my local server. i was asking before i did. plus.. i do not have vB. a friend of mine does and if i got the ok... i was going to see if i could get a copy from him

Comment

Originally posted by enflict
          im not running it on my local server. i was asking before i did. plus.. i do not have vB. a friend of mine does and if i got the ok... i was going to see if i could get a copy from him
          I hope your friend knows that what he would be doing is illegal. He is not allowed to share his copy. Not even for you to try out. He could loose his license, and even worse.

Comment

alright... well i just wanted to ask before doing.

thanks for your help.

Comment

No problem and remember. You and your friend WILL sleep better if you do the right thing.

Comment

Re: local vb

Originally posted by enflict
                hello all,

I was wondering... if i dont have a license for vB, am i allowed to run it on my pc? i have a router with a built in firewall, so no one can access my local server. i only use it for testing php and mysql.
                this would be like saying, can i use Windows XP fror free offline to Microsoft
                MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

in my 18 years of stealing i've learnt:

never tell somebody your gonna steal something before you do it

do you see anybody asking can they rob a bank before they do so?

btw I'm not promoting stealing vB, I'm just saying it was a bit of a daft question

Comment

Originally posted by megahard
                    in my 18 years of stealing i've learnt:

never tell somebody your gonna steal something before you do it

do you see anybody asking can they rob a bank before they do so?

btw I'm not promoting stealing vB, I'm just saying it was a bit of a daft question
                    But you did just admit that you have been breaking the law for at least 18 years or so

/me spanks your butts big time! Bad boy , bad!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X