Anyone Running vBulletin on Apache 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Running vBulletin on Apache 2?

Is anyone here running vBulletin on Apache 2? Apparently, there's a bug in Apache 2, and I want to see if I'm the only one experiencing it.

I was, but I was having problems with uploads, so I took it back down to 1.3.23
    Hello :)

Comment

there was also a cookie problem with apache 2 and php you had to add

PHP Code:
      define('USE_COOKIE_WORKAROUND'1); 
      to your config.php
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I would try running Apache 2 locally but ZoneAlarm and Apache don't play nicely...and unlike the suggestion of the Apache dev team I'm not about to uninstall ZA just to run Apache 2.

Comment

I'm pretty sure PHP and Apache 2 are production quality yet either - PHP is not thread-safe, but Apache 2 modules need to be thread-safe.
          John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

Originally posted by John
            I'm pretty sure PHP and Apache 2 are production quality yet either
            'Are' or 'aren't'?
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm running a couple of testboards on localhost with Apache/2.0.43 (Win32) PHP/4.3.0-dev uploads work fine, the only error I get is:

The instruction at "x" referenced memory at "x". The memory could not be "read".
              Which comes and goes, but has only just started happening.
              vBulletin.org Moderator
              The Sisters Three Charmed Discussion Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                'Are' or 'aren't'?
                He meant aren't.

Comment

^ what Kevin said

And I think that error message there is a consequence of the lack of multi-threading ability.
                  John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
                    I would try running Apache 2 locally but ZoneAlarm and Apache don't play nicely...and unlike the suggestion of the Apache dev team I'm not about to uninstall ZA just to run Apache 2.
                    Very odd.. I used Apache 2 and Zonealarm, I dont have any problems.. =\

Comment

Originally posted by John
                      I'm pretty sure PHP and Apache 2 are not production quality yet either - PHP is not thread-safe, but Apache 2 modules need to be thread-safe.
                      this should not be a concern since the default for apache2.0 build is the "prefork MPM" which works and acts like apache1.3. It you want apache to work as a threaded server then you'd set -with-mpm=worker during the configure, but php is not thread-safe so the point is moot at this time.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X