comparing code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comparing code

just wondering if the is a programme i can use that compares code from one file to another. like it would show me all duplicats but aslo what changes/difference were made. that kind of thing.

thanks.

Araxis Merge is considered the best. Beyond Compare is the best affordable solution.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

thank you. i will go and check it out.

thanks.

Comment

Araxis Merge is indispensable especially if you're upgrading a hacked board. Instead of reapplying hacks, you just upgrade the code that has been updated. Much easier.

Comment

I never did figure out how to use something like Araxis Merge. I tried once, but I don't think I really understood it.

I'm not sure it would do any good when trying to upgrade to vBulletin 3 anyway as I'm guessing the code is completely different in some areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Radon3k
            I'm guessing the code is completely different in some areas.
            more like most areas

Comment

A.m. Beyond Compare does the job very well.
              www.MCSEboard.de
              German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

I opened up Araxis and was able to understand it right away, its not all that hard. Try using that guide that.. uh.. someone posted at vB.org to use it
                "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

I use ExamDiff Pro - it's cheap and works great.
                  FASHIONification is all about fashion, beauty, style, love, and life.

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
                    I opened up Araxis and was able to understand it right away, its not all that hard. Try using that guide that.. uh.. someone posted at vB.org to use it
                    I blieve it's posted by Nakkid.
                    :)

Comment

Yep, must be, I knew it was posted by either Nakkid or Lesane.
                      "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                      "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                      Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel
                        I blieve it's posted by Nakkid.
                        Just for anyone new, he goes by TECK now.
                        iComix :: web comics

Report Post | IP: Logged

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X