No announcement yet.

8 mile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im not judging it until i see it personally, i might go see it but ive been wanting to see The Ring for awhile. I downloaded a mp3 of lose yourself, it wasent a bad song tho im not into rap.

Comment

Yep. Best movie of all time in my books.
      :)

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel
        It's about perseverence, not skuzzy lyrics.
        hey, leave me out of this!
        -
        Visit the Web Scripts Directory @ http://www.scriptz.com
        -
        PHP, CGI, Perl, ASP, JavaScript, CFML, Python and more!

-

Comment

Originally posted by SkuZZy
          hey, leave me out of this!
          lol, I was wondering when you would show up!

BTW: You're also referenced to on the NukePirates nuked sites list.
          :)

Comment

8 Mile is suppose to be based on his life (roughly based).

8 Mile is where he grew up in Michigan (Warren, Michigan).

They make it out to be totally hoody and all that, and Warren isn't anything like they make it out to be. Sure it may have a "hood section" of the city, but overall its not that bad. Warren is in the outskirts of Detroit. You want to see hood, you go to Detroit -- intercity Detroit.

I probably lived a harder life in my first 4 years of life, and Eminem did his whole life.

I would never go see 8 Mile. I don't really care for Eminem or his music, and I sure don't care about his "hard life" he's lead.

Comment

Rockergrrl is correct. I grew up on 8mile road literally. 8 mile and Kelly to be exact. At the time it was "east detroit". It was later named "east pointe". It was far from ghetto. I couldnt even tell you where even one run down house was. But I will admit, 8 mile is a very long road. I'm sure somewhere on 8mile, (or several places), it may be really bad.

The funniest thing of it all is as Rocker said, hes from Warren, Michigan. He never grew up in Detroit.... and warren is an average area. Lots and lots of middle class families. I'm sure theres a few pockets of lower class, but again, no "ghetto".

I have to admit, its one of my biggest pet peeves with people like Eminem, Kid Rock, etc. They boast how they came from "detroit" and "the gutter", but its bull....Kid Rock lived, and lives in Romeo, Michigan. And as said above, Eminem is from Warren.

The one thing I can stick up for in the movie is that 8 mile as the title is not supposed to represent where the movie takes place exactly. 8mile is the border from the lower class "black" area, and the middle class "white" area. Eminems character represents a "white" kid from the other side of 8mile, who tries to get on their turf where, in their eyes, he doesn't belong.

Its more of a metaphor, then a place.

Comment

So he's commercializing himself and his "hard life". What a whore.

I'm sure there are other "white boys" with much harder lives than his. Look how far this kid made it, pumping in millions from other kids and their "hard lives"

Comment

How about instead of bashing the movie you haven't seen, going and seeing it, THEN complain if you really think it's that bad.

I used to dislike Eminem when I hardly listened to his music. I bought "The Eminem Show" and I thought he had really good lyrics, and he is a great rhymer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalius
                    How about instead of bashing the movie you haven't seen, going and seeing it, THEN complain if you really think it's that bad.
                    Yes. I was waiting for someone to say that since my first post, and I thought about responding with:

Well, I've never killed anyone, so I don't know if that's wrong. Are you suggesting I try that and then report to you?

Doesn't sound too good now, though.

Comment

i just saw it. i thought it was a pretty good movie. awww dude that chick is hot. gimme!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
                        i just saw it. i thought it was a pretty good movie. awww dude that chick is hot. gimme!
                        Who? Who? Who?

Comment

Who would that be, Brittany Murphy? Haven't seen the movie yet so, not sure if thats who you meant
                          Webmaster / Administrator
                          www.MegaGames.com
                          www.MGForums.com

Comment

I've seen far better.

Comment

Originally posted by baragon0
                              ooooh

Comment

ooooh
                                You've gotta get out more.