Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam from templatestyles.com?

Hello,

anyone got that annoying mails from templatestyles.com?

I have visited your site and I think that design looks not good now.

Here we are - www.templatestyles.com . Check it out! We have hired 2 new designers
    from Indonesia. They rocks!

Swap your current design on ours.

A. S. (forged)
    www.templatestyles.com
    Marketing staff
    [email protected]
    I got 7 (seven!) of these messages in the last 3 days from:
    cilroi <[email protected]>, chudak2000 <[email protected]>, chemcom <[email protected]>, ciknor99 <[email protected]>, chessmaster <[email protected]>, cheratik <[email protected]>, chernomor <[email protected]> (forged).

...I have visited your site and I think that design looks not good now... What a compliment for countless hours of work, bad marketing "strategy" :/

I prefer Jessica's mails

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have visited www.mcseboard.de and found it is a thoughtfully designed one with much helpful information but
    poorly listed in many search engines. It's time to do something...
    Whatever, the site seems down to me at the moment,
    cu,
    -Tom
    www.MCSEboard.de
    German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Lol, great grammar they have there.... O_o I always love how Jessica's emails take a screenshot of my page and make it look like it's in a monitor or something.... Hehe. Lol... "I think that design looks not good now." Ima be laughing at that for a while.
    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Who's Jessica?

Comment

Just one of the names they give to some bot the crawls the net searching for sites, takes screenshots of 'em, and sends it back to the admin saying that it's not indexed properly and a lot of other crap like that. :P
        "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
        "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
          Just one of the names they give to some bot the crawls the net searching for sites, takes screenshots of 'em, and sends it back to the admin saying that it's not indexed properly and a lot of other crap like that. :P
          Which is probably a sign that your site is indexed properly. lol.
          Motorsport Forums

Comment

Their site actually looks pretty good, except for the blatent inspiration from the Raviostyle colors...
            :)

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel
              Their site actually looks pretty good, except for the blatent inspiration from the Raviostyle colors...
              Yeah like Ravio uses some unique color combinations. They use blues, oranges and grays predominantly. Arguably among the most used colors in the world let alone the Internet.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

What, you guys can actually see the site? I haven't been able to load it the past 2 days....

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                  Yeah like Ravio uses some unique color combinations. They use blues, oranges and grays predominantly. Arguably among the most used colors in the world let alone the Internet.
                  While it's a great site (I followed the SP thread on it), the colour balance does look more like a Ravio-style than, say, SitePoint, which also uses similar colours. Sure, those colours are common these days, but that particular style recalls too much of Ravio to discredit DirectPixel's comments entirely. Esp. being a template site, it's obviously inspired by Ravio.

I personally think that orange should be banned from the net. Except for SitePoint and Ravio.

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
                    What, you guys can actually see the site? I haven't been able to load it the past 2 days....
                    Yeah, I get a DNS error over here...

Comment

Originally posted by DWZ
                      Yeah, I get a DNS error over here...
                      Which site is giving you guys problems?

I was and am still able to visit the sites mentioned in the thread so far. (www.templatestyles.com and www.mcseboard.de).

Odd...
                      Last edited by Arkham; Tue 5 Nov '02, 12:50pm.

Comment

templatestyles.com isn't working for me, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Radon3k
                          templatestyles.com isn't working for me, either.
                          That may just be my fault.

If you tried the link from my post without looking, there was a comma on the url. I fixed it.

Oops. <smack>

Comment

They rocks!

They does?
                            Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

No, check the first link in the post by ThomasP...It still doesn't work for me.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X