Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nickforum
    replied
    I had to make my own forum company once..It sucked . Took 6 months on a stand alone. Server bills were low =P no one needed any space cuz we had no members so we shut down

Leave a comment:

• SkuZZy
    replied
    Originally posted by bigmattyh
    No, wait, wait, wait.... He said how do you make your own forum. It can be done in 7 easy steps.

1) Procure yourself some webhosting.
    2) Determine certain server details, specifically the operating system and whether PHP and MySQL are installed.
    3) If PHP and MySQL are not installed, visit their respective websites and install them on your server! Or contact the server administrator and tell him to do so!
    4) Learn PHP.
    5) Learn MySQL.
    6) Become an expert at both.
    7) Write some code that will enable your users to post messages within a threaded context, with other various advanced features.

Easy!
    Or you could just rip-off vB and slap on a new name like all the other companies do ...

Leave a comment:

• bigmattyh
    replied
    No, wait, wait, wait.... He said how do you make your own forum. It can be done in 7 easy steps.

1) Procure yourself some webhosting.
    2) Determine certain server details, specifically the operating system and whether PHP and MySQL are installed.
    3) If PHP and MySQL are not installed, visit their respective websites and install them on your server! Or contact the server administrator and tell him to do so!
    4) Learn PHP.
    5) Learn MySQL.
    6) Become an expert at both.
    7) Write some code that will enable your users to post messages within a threaded context, with other various advanced features.

Easy!

Leave a comment:

• ccd1
    replied
    You buy the software and install it.

Leave a comment:

• web surfer 2002
    started a topic how do you get your own forum

how do you get your own forum

Hey everyone.

I was wondering how do you make your own forum?

I am new here and would like some help please.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X