I Got to Tell Someone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats a nice server for sure.

Cost? I estimate cost by how long my wife doesn't talk to me. This one should be good for 3 weeks.
    I know that felling

Comment

Originally posted by Arunan.S
      'If' the time come...

Thats one beautiful server

-Arunan

AMD's projected release is First Quarter 2003 unveiling their 64-bit processors with backwards compatiblity with 32bit apps and definite peformance improvement for 32bit apps and 64bit apps (if there are any)

I got tickets to their upcoming promotion
      100 of them eeish...now onward to figure out who to give them too.......
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
        I got tickets to their upcoming promotion
        100 of them eeish...now onward to figure out who to give them too.......
        You can start off by giving me a couple .. hehe

Comment

me like amd promotion
          Jimmy

Comment

me like amd promotion

Nice server ..
            Jimmy

Comment

Intel is unveiling the Galatin Xeon processor next week. This is a Xeon that is 64bit backward compatible and has a large 2M cache. They wanted to get this released before AMD releases their version.
              Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

Originally posted by AWS
                Intel is unveiling the Galatin Xeon processor next week. This is a Xeon that is 64bit backward compatible and has a large 2M cache. They wanted to get this released before AMD releases their version.
                Where does it say that it's 64bit and backwards compatible to 32bit?

INTEL HAS UPDATED its Xeon line of processors with three new Xeon MP (Gallatin) chips for multiprocessor server environments. The company has added a larger level 3 cache and pumped up the clock speeds on its Xeon line of processors.
                Press reports say the new Xeons will run at up to 2GHz with 2MB of level 3 cache and suggest a number of vendors including HP and IBM will wheel out systems based on the upgraded chips shortly.

Director of enterprise processor marketing at Intel, Lisa Graff, said customers can expect between 20 and 28 per cent better performance for the chips. "Cache (has) a huge impact on performance," CNet credits her with saying.

As well as targetting Sun in the server space, the new Xeons will also encroach on the space reserved for Itanic chips. According to the reports, Graff said the margin of difference had shrunk until the next planned revision of the Intelgraph chip - Madison - tips up next year. "You will see the Itanium line consistently ahead of Xeon," she is quoted as saying.

The new Xeons run at 1.5GHz, 1.9GHz and 2GHz. The 2GHz version being the only one to sport the 2MB cache. The chips are fabricated using a 130-nanometer manufacturing process, a tad smaller than the previous 180-nanometer process. The 1.5GHz version sells for $1,177 in 1,000-unit quantities, while the 1.9GHz and 2GHz versions sell for $1,980 and $3,692, according to the statement about to be released by Intel but already leaked to a few of its mates in the techie press. ยต
                http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=6052
                My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
                That forum

Comment

If anyone wants to goto the AMD Promotion, just sign up at:

http://www.amdrealitycheck.com

Free (downside is you need to live in the U.S.A)
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X