This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prince
    either way I do not think that vB has anything to worry about.
    Which is one reason we are so lenient.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay P
      Hi,

I mean no disrespect at all towards vB, and please keep in mind that I did not start this topic in the first place. I am just trying to keep the facts straight, because I'm sure everybody is aware that they can be slightly skewed at times due to unquestioning loyalty (which doesn't only happen here, I'm well aware).

If me correcting some baseless assumptions and pointing out a minor detail here and there, all in the interests of the exchange of information (ie, not flaming anybody whatsoever) is considered as spam, then so be it and please accept my apologies.

Nobody is questioning vB as the market leader, this is merely about whether <free forum here> is a quality product as well, and since vB prevents users from using more than one copy of the software due to licensing restrictions, it is a great thing that there are free forum software solutions to compliment vB

Peace
      You don't really have any right to correct any baseless assumptions since this website does not exist to sell users on IBF. It exists to sell vBulletin and I am constantly flabbergasted that people can't grasp that fundamental concept. We simply allow this sort of thing to go on since we are secure in what we offer for sale. It becomes more complicated since IBF sells services and allowing the promotion of this particular forum to continue on here becomes more dicey.

Comment

Originally posted by freddie
        You don't really have any right to correct any baseless assumptions since this website does not exist to sell users on IBF. It exists to sell vBulletin and I am constantly flabbergasted that people can't grasp that fundamental concept. We simply allow this sort of thing to go on since we are secure in what we offer for sale. It becomes more complicated since IBF sells services and allowing the promotion of this particular forum to continue on here becomes more dicey.
        Hi,

This topic is getting a bit out of hand, I will make a couple more comments, then I'll leave it alone.

1) I never suggested that anybody should use/buy anything from IPB, nor did I offer any URLs to their products/services. I was not promoting IPB in any fashion.

2) baseless assumptions == lies == slander

I am sure that Jelsoft is secure in its position, as it well should be. vB is a great product. Also, point taken on

It becomes more complicated since IBF sells services and allowing the promotion of this particular forum to continue on here becomes more dicey.
        Thanks for your patience, and allowing me to respond

Comment

I would rather broad censorship of Invision Power Board rather than constant blatant mistruths and misleading posting.

I am perfectly happy for any IPB topics to be locked or deleted on sight to prevent putting Invision Power Services and Jelsoft in an awkward position.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X