Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you sell online?

Do you sell online?

There is someone that patent and got aprove for selling stuff over the internet and he has been going agianst mom and pop stores about this. He is charging you $5,000 dollars just because you sell stuff online automaticly. You can read more about this located at http://www.youmaybenext.com/ Please tell all you friends and less make him sorry for this scum thing he is doing to it. I haven't put my ecomernce site up and might wait for it until this case gets taken care of.

Well, I have a store but I don't sell anything, so I'm safe LOL

Comment

If this guy loses, he should be forced to pay ALL legal fees incurred by everyone he tries to sue.
      Well, there it is.
      - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

I agree with Skep.

However, correct me if I am wrong, but companies cash in on patents which they file *after* the technology is in use?

Other patent issues at the moment include the DNA research company which has patented a DNA string they found, resulting in treatment not being available to breast cancer suffers as the price has been inflated by 1000's of dollars. Any hospital/surgery/practice which uses the patented treatment will be sued for infringment. This shouldn't be allowed to happen IMO - its a lot worse that trying to cash in on on-line stores.

(The best link I can find about it atm.. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/2144535.stm )
        HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
        -
        Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

Comment

And to add to the DNA thing, I read recently that some biologist was trying to encode a DNA sequence into an mp3 file. That way he can copyright it until 90 years after his death (compared to the 20 years for patents).
          Well, there it is.
          - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Seems like another scam artist/get-rich-quick scheme.

Comment

I saw this on TechTV the other day, please pass the URL around to anyone who sales on line... I work with somebody who does press releases, im going to have him get the work out as well.
              Bike Forums.net

Comment

I believe this will be found to be an overly broad patent and disqualified from licensing fees. Especially considering the issue date. The companies secondary patent includes all sales done over video or telephone mediums which includes every company in the world that does sales.

Both are overly broad and some restructuring needs to be put into place with Patent laws. This is clearly an example of technology outpacing regulation.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Joe,

I also saw it on tech tv

Comment

There's no way this PANIP company will win, so they better save up money to pay the costs of all the people they are suing.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeptical
                      If this guy loses, he should be forced to pay ALL legal fees incurred by everyone he tries to sue.
                      Just one more example of why a loser-pays system would be a very good thing.
                      iComix :: web comics

Report Post | IP: Logged

Comment

Originally posted by bigmattyh
                        Just one more example of why a loser-pays system would be a very good thing.
                        Doesn't the US legal system do that? I know that in Australia, the loser in a court case pays the legal costs of both loser AND winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin
                          Doesn't the US legal system do that? I know that in Australia, the loser in a court case pays the legal costs of both loser AND winner.
                          No.... The defendant would have to countersue for legal costs. However both lawsuits would proceed in the same hearing and at the same time.
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X