No announcement yet.

Wheee!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good camera? I'm thinking about getting one for a bit cheaper though.

What's the max res it can take? Optical zoom == good
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Max resolution of 3200x2400.

So far, it's been a great camera. I've shot about a dozen pictures already, and every single one of them have turned out good.
      :)

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
        Whoa, is that Alienware?! If it is... DAYUM!
        "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
        "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
        Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Na... I built the whole thing myself for under $300. It's tite case, though.

EDIT: Just noticed that you quoted yourself.

Comment

OT: how do you do the water effect on ya sig
            www.xixora.com
            Goldrush : A Soldier of Fortune Modification going for the GOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by XiXora
              OT: how do you do the water effect on ya sig
              heh, you won't believe the number of PM's I've got over at PixelJunction for that effect.

Anyways, I'll write a tutorial of it shortly, as soon as I'm finished designing the new DirectPixel.com site. You can be first in line to view it when it's done.

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel
                Na... I built the whole thing myself for under $300. It's tite case, though.

EDIT: Just noticed that you quoted yourself.
                Yeah. :P What are the stats of the machine and how recently did you buy these parts?
                "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Comment

I just built it about three weeks ago, after my old PII 300 got killed by a power surge.

Currently, it has this:

Athlon XP 2000+ CPU
                  120 GB WD Caviar SE HDD
                  128 MB ATI All-In-Wonder 8500 Video Card
                  256 MB DDR Memory (Yeah, I know, it's low --- gonna buy more this Thanksgiving, when prices are cheap.)
                  32x CD-ROM
                  24x Read 8x Write CD-R
                  40x Write 12x ReWrite 40x Read CD-RW
                  Floppy disk

Also has a few other hard drives, both internal and external to total to about 220 GB.

Lots of parts were scrapped from my old PII, notably the CDR and CD-ROM drives, two of my internal hard drives (35GB and 5GB), and my keyboard & mouse.

Comment

And that was still for under $300?

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
                      And that was still for under $300?
                      Yes.

The motherboard and CPU cost $175, with a $75 rebate. The case cost $150, with a $60 rebate.

The hard drives were from a previous setup. The video card was new, and was, I believe $250 with $100 rebate (not sure... lost the reciept for it).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X