My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
            after 2.2.9 comes 2.3.0 i think :>
            You could be right

The updates just keep a coming
            PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Comment

Unless there's some kind of major change, I would think it's 2.2.10

Comment

IMHO, it should be 2.2.9 and if there are no bugs found a 2.2.10 should be released just to say that it's a stable release even if the upgrade script only updates the version number, but of course that's just what i think.

Comment

I would imagine vBulletin 2 Final would suffice (to avoid any confusion).

Comment

Originally posted by PPN
                    i think it'll be 2.2.10 at its just a maintence release
                    2.2.9 ? Where is it !!

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
                      2.2.9 ? Where is it !!
                      I wonder sometimes, if the only difference between two versions were the version numbers (and no part of the code or functionality), would people still be so wanting to upgrade?

Comment

I think it should go to 2.2.9, then "vBulletin 2 Final"... and that will be the end of it...

...then we get to start all over with the beta's and RC's of vb3. Yay!
                        -
                        Visit the Web Scripts Directory @ http://www.scriptz.com
                        -
                        PHP, CGI, Perl, ASP, JavaScript, CFML, Python and more!

-

Comment

Originally posted by SkuZZy
                          I think it should go to 2.2.9, then "vBulletin 2 Final"... and that will be the end of it...

...then we get to start all over with the beta's and RC's of vb3. Yay!
                          vBulletin 1.1 never had a 'final' release - each version we release after a major version number is intended to be the 'final' version, and we only release a new version when new bugs are discovered, or when new versions of Apache/PHP/MySQL necessitate changes to the vBulletin code.

vBulletin 2.2.x is the final version of vBulletin 2, but we will continue to release new versions of vBulletin 2.2.x until such time as vBulletin 3.0 becomes the officially supported version.

Comment

Sort of like Apache is focusing on 2.x.x but while releasing updates for 1.3.x?
                            --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                            Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Sort of, except Apache has declared 2.0 "stable" (my idea of stable is something that works with PHP and doesn't require you to uninstall your personal firewall to work, but then again, that's just me) meaning, I think in their case, "final", whereas once vB3 is declared final we will likely not be releasing any bug fix versions of vB2 unless we find a need to (based on the vB1 -> vB2 cycle). Security bug fixes excepted, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Kier
                                vBulletin 1.1 never had a 'final' release - each version we release after a major version number is intended to be the 'final' version, and we only release a new version when new bugs are discovered, or when new versions of Apache/PHP/MySQL necessitate changes to the vBulletin code.

vBulletin 2.2.x is the final version of vBulletin 2, but we will continue to release new versions of vBulletin 2.2.x until such time as vBulletin 3.0 becomes the officially supported version.
                                So, after 2.2.9 comes 2.2.10 and not 2.3.0 ?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X