This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to Dedicated - Need Ideas for $$

I was forced to go to a dedicated. Long overdue actually. I have used the search to try and look for ideas and really am still thinking.

I need to generate 100 bucks a month to cover what I need. I am thinking of donations via paypal. But, thinking along the lines of some sort of tier program. I don't want to tie it to the forums though.

Has anyone had success with pure donations to support their dedicated?

My current dedicated is sucking wind (I started in the hole due to lack of funds to support the horsepower needed).

Thanks for your help.

Ideas

I ran a small site from 92 to 99 and began to publish a monthly e-zine with it. The magazine soon took over the site so I offeresd it out for $1.00 per month, (send the cash in the mail), or $10.00 a year.

Within 6 months 90000 people paid the buck.

I am now rebuilding and staring anew...Needed the time off to tend to personal stuff. So good luck

Comment

Do you realize that that is more than a lot of people make in a year? US$90,000.00, even if you mean 9,000, that's still alot.
      - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

Woha that really is a lot. By the way, where are you getting the dedecated server from?

Comment

If you are referring to jucs, then probably Racksahck, since he said $100.
          - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

You can sell any spare space or resources as virtual hosting accounts

Comment

Ventures Online.

Comment

I need all the space/horse power. So, selling virtual accounts is not an option.

Comment

yes it was alot

90000 was alot of money to make from a site, BUT there was alot of expenses incurred to make that. The point was the idea.

I am now going to set up another, I have absolutey no guarantee of the same success and do not expect even close to it.

Comment

Remember to tell us the url when it's open!

Comment

how did you do that then?? what kind of marketing??

Comment

I bet your bank hated you when you walked in with 90,000 singles... that would take days to count
                        Bike Forums.net

Comment

not too sure I believe that story...$90,000 in 6 months.
                          http://www.ironmagazine.com - blog
                          http://www.ironmagazineforums.com - forums
                          http://www.ironmaglabs.com - supplements

Comment

I smell bull**** :-/

Comment

Goatse**?
                              Well, there it is.
                              - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X