Wireless Keyboard Mouse that is good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a side note:
    I just got off the phone w/ MS to replace my Natural Keyboard Pro and they basically did it no questions asked, and I don't even have tos end the old one back. This is because there are some defective keys that stick until the computer is restarted (more than one comp.) on the left side.

Back on-topic:
    I have used a wireless MS and Logitech (the Logitech is mine). They both are good, but both have their reception killed and it gets really jerky when I plug in my USB Zip250 drive, even though I seperate the drive and mouse reciever by about six feet ( and the mosue is even farther away.) So I don't know if it's some kind of power field generated by the ZIP or somethign else, but that the only problem I have had. Battery life on the MS seemed about 1 month norm. useage, Logitech 3 months.
    - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

I'm not sure about wireless keyboards..

But there was a mouse review in this months Maximum PC.

And the Logitech® MX™700 Cordless Optical Mouse was rated 9/10 in a handful of mice that were reviewed.

Its a $80 mouse though, but supposively its great. And you can even move the cursor when its not even touching anything... Just click on a button and move the mouse in mid air -- and it will go to where you want it to go. Even great for gaming they said.

Bad thing about it -- is that it has a 6ft max distance in order for it to work.

Comment

Thanks for all the opinions. I guess Im just going to keep the uncorded stuff to surfing the web, dvd setup, and such. And when I want to play a game Ill have to stick a corded mouse in there. I guess its ok because I am far from a gamer and play literally about once a month.

Thanks again

On a side note, I have a logitech corded optical mouse now and I love it. No problems at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe
          Call MS, we have a 2 year replacement warranty on all our hardware...
          Btw, forgot to post this before...

I thought you guys had a 3 year warranty on hardware? At least with mice, I know for sure.

I'm waiting on a replacement mouse to come in the mail this week -- looks like its stuck in Cleveland (isn't suppose to be 3 dayed?).

My mouse is nearly dead -- it stops in mid usage, unplug, replug, goes out within 2 minutes, do it again, lasts another 2 minutes. Its hard to get anything done design wise (which I'm in serious need of doing right now -- client work). My dear son of mine likes to bang my mouse around when he gets ticked off at me when I need him to get off the computer for me to actually get some work done). Thank God for warranties!

Comment

I love MS mice... I've had this one for about 3 years, still looks like new and performs even better. Personally I hate Logitech mice but only because of their funny shape, technically they are very good.
            Chen Avinadav
            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

I have that black Wireless Keyboard/Mouse combo from Logitech, but I only use the keyboard. The mouse I use is the Wireless Intellimouse Explorer. I have used both Logitech and MS mice and I always prefer the MS ones - they are just more comfortable to use. Then again, I don't play much FPS games, and if I do, I always switch to my Boomslang 2000 (lol yeah, I have a mouse fetish)...

I did the smart thing though - I bought rechargeable batteries and a battery charger when I purchased my first wireless hardware That way, there is really no reason to nag and whine about batteries running out so quick...
              OPEN TECH SUPPORT
              "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

corey they are good, like logitechs, but the batteries in the mouse with die very fast, the keyboards are great and the battery life in them is good though
                MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Tolitz
                  I have used both Logitech and MS mice and I always prefer the MS ones - they are just more comfortable to use.
                  Must be right handed... Never could see how a left handed person could use a Microsoft Mouse comfortably.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

The Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical is symmetrical. It can be used exactly the same for both hands.
                    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
                      The Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical is symmetrical. It can be used exactly the same for both hands.
                      I got burned out on Microsoft Mice in 1997, have used Logitech ever since. Haven't even looked at their upper end products. Their lower end products were never made for left-hand users.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Who ever would have thought that such a topic would have sparked such a debate eh?
                        "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                        "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                        Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

I have always liked my Microsoft hardware. I have four Microsoft mouses and three Microsoft keyboards.

I love everyone of them. Two mouses have died, one that got replaced by Microsoft, no questions asked, and the second I really must get around to calling them to get a replacement sent out. Both died when they were over a year old, so I'm happy with that.

Although none of them are wireless, I have been very happy with them overall.

Comment

Wow, I didn't know Microsoft was loved. So many people bashing for every bug that windows has, I had no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by klisis
                              Wow, I didn't know Microsoft was loved. So many people bashing for every bug that windows has, I had no idea.
                              Likewise

Comment

Originally posted by klisis
                                Their software is buggy, true, but that doesn't mean their hardware is bad as well.
                                Chen Avinadav
                                Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X