X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N9ne
    replied
    Originally posted by NTLDR
    Shouldn't do, Ad-Aware causes no problems, I've got this installed, Norton AV doesn't mess with the web IIRC and Sygate hasn't got an ad blocker IIRC so it shouldn't be them. Do you have Norton Firewall or Ad-Muncher installed?
    Nope, No Norton Internet Security and no Ad Muncher here.

Leave a comment:

• NTLDR
    replied
    Shouldn't do, Ad-Aware causes no problems, I've got this installed, Norton AV doesn't mess with the web IIRC and Sygate hasn't got an ad blocker IIRC so it shouldn't be them. Do you have Norton Firewall or Ad-Muncher installed?

Leave a comment:

• N9ne
    replied
    Originally posted by jw791
    Nope, but I think I found the culprit (knock on wood).

I had a banner-blocker called AdShield installed. I uninstalled it, rebooted and things seem to be working now.
    I have AdAware, Sygate Personal Firewall and Norton Antivirus, would any of these cause this?

Leave a comment:

• jw791
    replied
    Ever installed any? Thats the only time its happened for me under XP with SP1(a). I know this happens under 2000 with IE6 SP1 and no download manager too.
    Nope, but I think I found the culprit (knock on wood).

I had a banner-blocker called AdShield installed. I uninstalled it, rebooted and things seem to be working now.

Leave a comment:

• NTLDR
    replied
    Ever installed any? Thats the only time its happened for me under XP with SP1(a). I know this happens under 2000 with IE6 SP1 and no download manager too.

Leave a comment:

• N9ne
    replied
    From my experience this only seems to happen when you have some sort of download manager/accelerator installed. Since re-installing I've had no problems with missing images. Every time its happened has been just after I've installed some download manager like Get Right or DAP.
    Ah but I don't have any download managers .

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Never a problem with SP1 here.

SP2 for XP will be out in beta Q1 2004, Gold very late Q2

Leave a comment:

• NTLDR
    replied
    From my experience this only seems to happen when you have some sort of download manager/accelerator installed. Since re-installing I've had no problems with missing images. Every time its happened has been just after I've installed some download manager like Get Right or DAP.

Leave a comment:

• N9ne
    replied
    Originally posted by jw791
    Any update/news on this?

Stupid me installed SP1 without making the backups - so I can't uninstall it (save your comments, serves me right, I know *sigh*)

I tried everything suggested, deleting the registry keys, uninstalling the firewall, nothing works. I still have to click "show picture" for the small vbulletin check marks and arrows.
    Nope I still suffer from it lol. Seems a lot of things cause it. That's microsoft for ya.

Leave a comment:

• jw791
    replied
    Any update/news on this?

Stupid me installed SP1 without making the backups - so I can't uninstall it (save your comments, serves me right, I know *sigh*)

I tried everything suggested, deleting the registry keys, uninstalling the firewall, nothing works. I still have to click "show picture" for the small vbulletin check marks and arrows.

Leave a comment:

• SloppyGoat
    replied
    Originally posted by Marco
    Supposedly, the following will fix this problemSource: webmasterworld.com)

And interestingly, deleting all keys BUT the "mk" one indeed seems to have fixed this issue for me.
    Holy sh*t!!!!! THANK YOU!!! It worked!!! This has been driving me absolutely insane every since it started happening!!! Although, those keys can be created by some other app besides getright, since I've never installed it before.

But, slight correction (or maybe just different in mine)...

I deleted "http", "https", and "ftp". There was no "html" key.

Leave a comment:

• version2
    replied
    Originally posted by Asendin
    Here's some good news for yas
    theres gonna be a SP1-b

http://www.asendtechnologies.com/vb/...&threadid=8498
    Yay. Slow ass Java technology.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Here's some good news for yas
    theres gonna be a SP1-b

http://www.asendtechnologies.com/vb/...&threadid=8498

Leave a comment:

• Marco
    replied
    Supposedly, the following will fix this problem:
    Open REGEDIT.EXE
    Open \HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\PROTOCOLS\Name-Space Handler\

Delete the keys 'html' and 'ftp'
    Leave the 'mk' key

The mk key is created by Windows and the others are created by getright 4.5
    (Source: webmasterworld.com)

And interestingly, deleting all keys BUT the "mk" one indeed seems to have fixed this issue for me.

Leave a comment:

• Conscience
    replied
    yeah it certainly looks like that eh... Ive still got hte problem personally

Leave a comment: