Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't use COPPA... am I going to hell?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, my site has alot of young kids signing up, but I find it hard to beleive any of them would be 12. Most are 13 and up. Although, i'm sure there are some 12 year olds on my board...
    -
    Visit the Web Scripts Directory @ http://www.scriptz.com
    -
    PHP, CGI, Perl, ASP, JavaScript, CFML, Python and more!

-

Comment

or if you operate a general audience Web site and have actual knowledge that you are collecting personal information from children, you must comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act."
      Pretty much what everyone has, and obviously some children register!
      Jimmy

Comment

Skuzzy: you have many gaming forums and a lot of 13 and unders play these games! So I wouldn't be surprised if you had a lot of 12 year old members however some do pretend to be older...

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: I don't use COPPA... am I going to hell?

Originally posted by Arkham

(EDIT: Oh, your site's about spear fishing! I doubt that with a topic like that many people would question why you had an age guideline. Not for any specific reason, but it just doesn't scream "Hey Kids! Let's Spear Fish!" to me...)
          Agree 100%. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by JWB
            Pretty much what everyone has, and obviously some children register!
            There's the soft "if you have actual knowledge" qualification though. If you run a forum with some mature content (IE swearing) and you operate it as if your user base is adult, and you're not knowingly solicting information from children, you don't need COPPA. Don't let COPPA scare you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X