Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share your Cool low tech ways to make your forum better.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share your Cool low tech ways to make your forum better.

Noticed some cool and innovative things others have done. One site has a section to greet new users with a questionaire about them. Another has a thing where every time a new member registers the whole forum fights to be the first to welcome the new member. Others have these online "games" like an interactive story where one poster starts and others have to finish the story.

Anyone else want to share their secrets?

We have pot plants

Comment

I have a thread where people post 1-word posts nonstop.
      :)

Comment

We offer alot of competitions...

Logo comps, template comps, sig image comps, avatar comps, etc..

We have about 40 logo submissions each time, and they are almost always great....

Comment

I think on our registration page it says that if you register you have a chance of winning 1 of 2 games supplied to us by a sponsor each month, used to be true but we ditched our sponsors months ago. Forgot ( ) to remove that bit from the reg page.

Comment

Logo competition - great idea! I'm going to try that... need a new logo.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis01
              I think on our registration page it says that if you register you have a chance of winning 1 of 2 games supplied to us by a sponsor each month, used to be true but we ditched our sponsors months ago. Forgot ( ) to remove that bit from the reg page.
              We were trying for the same thing but Penthouse weren't interested

Comment

We LISTEN to what our users want and we give it to them. They wanted a members-only board for photos. They wanted a recipe exchange board. We're always asking for suggestions and they know we listen to them... I think that helps a lot.

Comment

We have image caption competitions, as well as make a big deal out of the referral system.. have a look at www.ukairsoft.net/beta/asm-about.php for info.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X