Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argh

From http://www.2checkout.com/faqs.htm#chargebacks:

The amount of credit card fraud you experience will vary according to the type of products you sell. Products which appeal to children, teenagers, and unmarried men will experience a higher degree of credit card fraud. Products which are purchased primarily by professionals, women, and families will experience a lower amount of fraud.
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

heh, well that's true I guess
    HFT Online - Professional computer help ... with a personal touch

Comment

Even so, when men say the very little thing about women, it's chauvinism... but saying that if you are a male you are more likely to be a criminal is ok?
      Chen Avinadav
      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

it's not about that. and i don't think that's the implication. but the products that are more oriented towards men cause indeed more fraud.
        HFT Online - Professional computer help ... with a personal touch

Comment

for the same reason there are more men who are serial killers, rapists, etc...

men have higher criminal and dangerous tendencies.

it's not male bashing. it is statistics.

i find it insulting when someone automatically treats me differently because i am a male, as that is acting in a prejudiced fashion. however, i don't believe that quoting statistics is offensive.
          Buddha's Bar & Grill

Comment

It's called "Testosterone"
            The fuel for almost all things bad lol
            Board of the Month: November
            Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
            Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
            vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

stupid guys ruin it for the rest of us.

i have a perfect driving record but my insurance would be insane if i purchased any decent car. why? because i'm a 21 year old male.

Comment

Yup double standards abound in this world. I guess the dominant ones have to allow others to throw a few punches for free... you know... to even the playing field.
                Well, there it is.
                - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Originally posted by Buddha
                  for the same reason there are more men who are .. rapists....
                  FYI in majority of us states there are officialy ZERO female rapists. Want to know why? Most states legislature says only a man can rape, a woman can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
                    i have a perfect driving record but my insurance would be insane if i purchased any decent car. why? because i'm a 21 year old male.
                    same here (in uk)

I'm getting insurance quotes of 2000 ! More than the value of the car sometimes !
                    Email: [email protected]
                    Site: Under Construction

Comment

Originally posted by Kaizen

same here (in uk)

I'm getting insurance quotes of 2000 ! More than the value of the car sometimes !
                      Tell me about it!

My cousin who's 18's been asked for 1000 for his insurance!!

I guess in 4 years when I probably get a car and get it insured, it'll be costing a good few grand per year

Comment

I turned 25 this year, and my insurance was halved.

But hey. This isn't about double-standards. It's about statistics. Individually, you can't say to a guy, "You're more likely to commit credit card fraud because you are a man." Because on an individual basis, one's gender is a very small proportion of the factors that predict future behavior. But you can, on the whole, say, "Men are more likely to commit credit card fraud than women." That's the truth. Fewer incidents of fraud are committed by women than by men.

Insurance is a business that succeeds or fails based on its employees' skill with statistics. They know some groups -- as groups -- are more likely to have incidents with their vehicles that will cost them. Hell, I'm a great driver, but I had a freak accident once where I hit a deer. There's no way anyone could have predicted that. But I drive a LOT more than my female counterparts, so yes, the likelihood of me having an accident would go up, so as a guy, they have to hedge their bets with me and charge me higher rates. Men drive more than women. That says nothing about their character; but it does have a very direct impact on their insurance rates.

Of course, Feminists Gloria Steinem/Allred would disagree... After all, women are EXACTLY like men in every respect. The only reason why they exhibit any differences is because society tells them they're different.
                        iComix :: web comics

Report Post | IP: Logged

Comment

Haha couldn't have said it better myself.
                          Well, there it is.
                          - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

i should be in my own insurance category

Comment

I don't think it's possible for a guy to get raped by a female....because:

(A) It isn't Rape unless it's forced
                              (B) Because of the intense fear/disgustedness, you will not get an erection, and without that they're's no intercourse!

I learned that in some class at school...:P

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X