X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paypaldamon
    replied
    Hi N9ne,

PayPal can't withdraw payments to a credit card. You could only send the payments to a bank account that is on file.

Please be sure that you are listed as an authorized contact on the credit card you register.

Leave a comment:

• JamesUS
    replied
    You can choose to withdraw your money to a bank account as long as the account is in the same name as the PayPal account.

Leave a comment:

• N9ne
    replied
    Ok, well I'm in UK...

I could use my dad's card [with his permission of course] to set up the account etc...? but how can I make it so whenever someone sends me money through paypal, it goes into my bank account or something and not onto my dad's credit card?

Leave a comment:

• DWZ
    replied
    yeah, you need a credit card to activate my Australian account - which I don't own, so it sort of defeats the purpose of PayPal IMHO

Leave a comment:

• paypaldamon
    replied
    Hi N9ne,

You would need to have a credit card/bank account to withdraw money out of the system.

-U.S. Users. In order to withdraw funds that PayPal is holding in custody for you, you must confirm the email address that you registered by responding to a message that PayPal will send to that address when you have completed registration, and you must register a bank account or credit card with PayPal. New PayPal Users (who have been in the PayPal system for 120 days or less) are required to complete two out of three authentication steps (confirm bank account, enter Member Number, confirm Social Security Number) in order to withdraw more than $500 per month. Some accounts, at PayPal's discretion, may have this limit even after 120 days. Some accounts, at PayPal's discretion, may have lower limits until the authentication steps have been completed. Account limits, if any, can be viewed from the "View Limits" link on the Account Overview page.

Leave a comment:

• Gary King
    replied
    Originally posted by wluke

Your business account will be automatically upgraded to a merchant account if you have reached a certain level of sustainable sales, I think it is $1000 a month. Basically what it does it lowers your fees because you do higher volume. Other than that, it is the same as the Business Account, IIRC.
    It is also explained in my post here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...443#post338443

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by andypotter
    Where do you get the 4th option (Merchant Acct.) I just checked in case it was something new I missed, but it's not listed as a type of account by PayPal.

I voted Business (and I have the debit card.)
    Your business account will be automatically upgraded to a merchant account if you have reached a certain level of sustainable sales, I think it is $1000 a month. Basically what it does it lowers your fees because you do higher volume. Other than that, it is the same as the Business Account, IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• Gary King
    replied
    Originally posted by N9ne

anyone?
    I suggest you send this to the PayPal support team

Leave a comment:

• N9ne
    replied
    Originally posted by N9ne
    I have a question:

I don't have a credit card but I do have a bank account, now I charge people for web designs, and they would like to pay me through paypal, what can I do? Which account do I get? How do I sign up not having a credit card, and using my bank account etc?
    anyone?

Leave a comment:

• Gary King
    replied
    .. well you knew what I meant

Leave a comment:

• JamesUS
    replied
    From the rules:
    Users may register and hold one Personal Account and either one Premier or one Business Account.
    So you're only allowed a Premier and a Personal or a Business and a Personal; not a Premier and Business or two of any kind

Leave a comment:

• Gary King
    replied
    Originally posted by JamesUS

Done

You can't have more than one account type at PayPal IIRC so I'm not sure why some people have voted for more than one
    Well I know some people who have more than one PayPal account.

I.E. 1 Premier and 1 Business

.. so I just added the option, just in case

Leave a comment:

• Gary King
    replied
    Originally posted by tubedogg
    I'm quite sure Business & Merchant are the same thing.
    Premier and Business are the same thing, but Merchant is different.

To qualify for a PayPal merchant account, you must be a PayPal member for at least 90 days, and received at least $3,000 in PayPal payments in the past 90 days. There are other requirements that you can fulfill to be accepted as a Merchant account, but this one is usually the case.

The standard receiving fees rate is 2.9% + 30¢, while the Merchant receiving fees rate is 2.2% + 30¢

Leave a comment:

• N9ne
    replied
    I have a question:

I don't have a credit card but I do have a bank account, now I charge people for web designs, and they would like to pay me through paypal, what can I do? Which account do I get? How do I sign up not having a credit card, and using my bank account etc?

Leave a comment:

• DWZ
    replied
    Originally posted by JamesUS
    Done
    yay

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X