another way to stop illegal boards from popping up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another way to stop illegal boards from popping up

another way you guys could stop illegal boards from popping up is to have the page that tells you how to install the board. put it in the members area then the person would have no clue as to how to install the board.
    My FFXI Linkshell Website
    - http://www.stealthvertigo.com

I think that is actually a good idea - but better yet - how about the entire user guide?

Comment

That wouldn't work...Some user buys vB goes to the member area gets the scripts changes the files and distributes them...

Comment

It'll probably hurt sales. I always like checking out the documentation before I buy a script.
        Well, there it is.
        - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

vBulletin is so easy to install, you don't even need to open the documentation.

Comment

Originally posted by baragon0
            Very true, I can install a vB in about 2 minutes, it's very simple compared to other boards.

Comment

Originally posted by baragon0
              Yeah, thats right, i didn't use any documentation to install vBulletin. Just uploaded it and ran install.php, it did the rest

Comment

Well some of the stuff could still be included in the members area like how to move servers and stuff. Installation could stay public....

Comment

The only thing that might be hard(not for me) for ones who illegaly own boards would be to edit the config.php script

Comment

config.php has all the instructions on the file itself.

Comment

That's true.

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXL
                        Well some of the stuff could still be included in the members area like how to move servers and stuff. Installation could stay public....
                        Thats not specific to vB. Anybody with a bit of knowledge can do that without knowing anything about the specifics of vBulletin.
                        Motorsport Forums

Comment

Originally posted by N9ne

Very true, I can install a vB in about 2 minutes, it's very simple compared to other boards.
                          Slow connection?
                          My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
                          That forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X