Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

17 meg backup file too large to download?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 meg backup file too large to download?

Is there a typical file size that becomes too large to download using ftp? My daily mysql backups are now around 17 megs in size, and for the life of me, using ftp stalls at exactly 6% every time. Just a few days ago when the size was smaller, I had no problem.

Anyone else having such problems? Is there something more consistent than ftp to download large files (which I doubt 17 megs can be considered as)?

Thanks,
    - JavaScript Kit | CSS Drive | CodingForums.com | CodeTricks.com

they shouldn't be any such limit

have you tried using flashget and placing the download in web browser accessible directory and using flashget or download manager to grab the file ? that way you can resume the download if for any reason you get disconnected etc
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I've thought about that (placing the backups in a www accesible folder and using the browser to download), though I hate to have to rework the cron job. Just thought I'd confirm that it's my web host/connection dropping the ball here.

Thanks,
      - JavaScript Kit | CSS Drive | CodingForums.com | CodeTricks.com

Comment

i'm not 100% sure if this is even possible, but MySQL may have disconnected your backup after the first 6% was done... I dont see how thats possible under linux or windows (if the file shows up as being 17MB) but hey, who knows

Comment

I've never heard of a limit...and I've downloaded 100MB DB dump files via FTP...
          Movie Forums - Now With 28% More Bruce Willis

Comment

I downloaded a 400 mb one a while back with ws ftp.
            www.wannabebig.com
            www.wannabebigforums.com
            www.atlargenutrition.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X