This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baragon0
    You never know when to just drop it do you.
    Originally posted by Cary
    It seems like you (baragon0) don't know when to drop it...
    my mom and dad fight like that.

you.
    no you!
    oh don't even start!
    start what? you started it!
    give it up.
    look who is talking! you give it up!

Comment

Aren't you the biggest poster on the Jerry Springer forum?

Killing an animal for pleasure or hunt, or to have a balanced amount in population is as horrible as molesting a child or someone for no reason (or actually any reason) or killing a person for their skin color.

Everything that lives and has a natrual life cycle should be respected as such. Stepping in like done here is and shouldn't be tolerated.

This thread has enough posts dedicated to it, and 99% of them are just dumb. I see no reason why threads like that should be on a forum like this. (Even if this is the chit/chat board)

People can be so horrible, and some here have proven to be.

Comment

Jake, take this as a positive criticism because I'm not trying to insult you...

I think how you've decided to deal with things could be related somehow to how your parents have gotten along. It's pretty hard to deal with family or watch them fight at times, and at your age (20 or so correct) it could be a phase I think. As you get older you will realize that emotions are not bad. You just have to learn to control it. If you choose to become apathetic, then you're going to head down a very terrible path.

Instead, let reason and logic guide you, but also allow emotions in. It's all about control.
        Well, there it is.
        - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

I think someone should lock this thread before it turns into an all out flamewar... amazing how trolling can take things this far. People have opinions, thats what they are, opinions....

Comment

Originally posted by Skeptical
            Jake, take this as a positive criticism because I'm not trying to insult you...

I think how you've decided to deal with things could be related somehow to how your parents have gotten along. It's pretty hard to deal with family or watch them fight at times, and at your age (20 or so correct) it could be a phase I think. As you get older you will realize that emotions are not bad. You just have to learn to control it. If you choose to become apathetic, then you're going to head down a very terrible path.

Instead, let reason and logic guide you, but also allow emotions in. It's all about control.
            i'm 21

no, it's not related to my parents. emotions are not bad, negative emotions are bad, good emotions are good. i deal with negative emotions very well, it's a strength if anything. i'm am very good at not feeling bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman

i'm 21

no, it's not related to my parents. emotions are not bad, negative emotions are bad, good emotions are good. i deal with negative emotions very well, it's a strength if anything. i'm am very good at not feeling bad.
              But remember also, that compassion is good, not bad.
              Well, there it is.
              - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Originally posted by Skeptical

But remember also, that compassion is good, not bad.
                it can be both

Comment

my mom and dad fight like that.
                  lol - That was actually my first post in this thread, but I've been watching it closely... and it seems like he (baragon0) goes on and on and on and on......

Comment

And you all just keep on rambling even though I haven't posted for a page

You kids need a life.

Comment

negative emotions are bad
                      That's not true at all.

Comment

Originally posted by baragon0
                        You kids need a life.
                        Well, we can't all lurk under bridges eating babies all day long.
                        iComix :: web comics

Report Post | IP: Logged

Comment

Originally posted by Paul J

That's not true at all.

ok, i'll ask the followup question.

examples?

Comment

Originally posted by bigmattyh
                            Well, we can't all lurk under bridges eating babies all day long.
                            Well, there it is.
                            - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

I don't think calling emotions negative is really the right way to do it. Emotions are what they are. But the actions you take as a result of your emotions can be negative or positive.

Examples?

1) Anger. Often a "negative" emotion. But what if seeing some sort of injury or injustice makes you angry enough to do something about it? The best example I can think of is John Walsh, whose 6-year-old son Adam was murdered. His anger fuelled probably one of the greatest positives to come out of a negative when he started a nationwide campaign to find missing children. Which grew into America's Most Wanted, which has caught hundreds of bad guys.

2) Jealousy. Negative, too. But seeing some guy flirting with your girlfriend can either make you boil inside or make you appreciate her more. A pretty interesting study was done at the University of Texas in the last couple of years that suggests rather strongly that relationships where no jealousy is felt are usually very weak. It all depends on how you respond to those feelings.

I could probably go into another couple of examples, but I've got trids to kick.
                              iComix :: web comics

Report Post | IP: Logged

Comment

Couldn't have said it better myself, bigmattyh.

There's your examples Jake... Emotions are just that, emotions. What one does with them is where the difference lies.
                                Paul J
                                Last edited by Paul J; Sun 4 Aug '02, 4:57pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X