This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jakeman
    i'm not apathetic to this, and i'm not copping out or refusing to see the reality. strike 3.
    Yet you offer no "adequate" response.

Simply saying "it's wrong to get mad" is indeed a cop out, if you offer nothing further.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul J
      Simply saying "it's wrong to get mad" is indeed a cop out, if you offer nothing further.
      Building on that... I haven't read all through all of Jake's responses here, so this isn't pointed directly at him.

Sitting back and having no opinion on an issue like this because it fails to stir your emotions IS a cop out. Sure, at times reason may be blurred or blinded by an overabundance of emotion. But if you think that it's impossible to see and think clearly when your emotions are stirred, you're wrong. This issue stirs my emotions because reason tells me very clearly what's right and what's wrong, and it ought to stir the emotions of any living, breathing human being out there who cares about the world we live in. We don't tolerate that kind of behavior in a civilized society because this society is built on values that include respect for innocent life and the abhorrence of TAKING DELIGHT in seeing life snuffed out.

Having no opinion on this matter is an excuse not to think.
      iComix :: web comics

Report Post | IP: Logged

Comment

i have an opinion, i just haven't stated it. i don't feel like arguing so i'm not going to state my opinion.

Comment

LOL

You've now gone through 3 pages Jake.

Gotta **** or get off the pot my brother.

Comment

Risking my somewhat fraile reputation, i'm going to say that I agree fully with Jakeman.... but I think people don't understand exactly what he meant (attempts to intrepret)... lawyers aren't supposed to get emotionally involved with clients, cops aren't supposed to get emotionally involved in cases, its one thing to not have an opinion and be apathetic but it's another thing to not let emotions cloud your better judgement, which is why when you get close to things like this or get too wound up it can be best to just ignore the intense feelings and think things through logically.

Comment

Um, dude, I call everyone "Children". Just look at all my posts on any forum on any board, I call everyone "Children". Take a chill pill. You're all so closed to an opinion that is not shared by you that it's not even funny anymore.

The link posted was a petition for a guy to go to jail. He cannot go to jail for the same reason a hunter cannot go to jail. I merely state that fact and since you all are acting like the hippies I see on Haight-Ashbury, you go berzerk.

So why don't you just calm down, stop trying to act like mommy and maybe go out and do some community service.

Comment

You're the one that's "so closed to an opinion that is not shared by you".

Again, you're the one that called the opinion that was different than yours "Goddamn hippy animal rights". No one attacked you until you attacked first.

Ever gonna wake up?

Comment

Who ever said that this is my only thought? If you read all my posts, you could see my real side, instead of the words. You can see the meaning instead of the single words. I was agreeing with all the previous posts. It just goes on to prove that you just want confrontation and can't take the time to read a single post.

More often than not (on most anything) I have no opinion at all. I just pick a side to learn it from that point of view, then switch over. What would you know about how I operate--why would you care?

I'm wide awake--maybe you need a couple cups of coffee to get you reading those posts now.

*Sigh*. Kids these days

Comment

Troll.

And I took the bait.

Comment

What bait? You simply didn't read, you simply didn't care enough. You were just being human (sloppy and careless). No fault in that. We're all the exact same way.

Now turn the computer off and go see some strippers.

Comment

He got what he deserved

Comment

Originally posted by baragon0
                          Um, dude, I call everyone "Children". Just look at all my posts on any forum on any board, I call everyone "Children".
                          So by explaining that you act this way everywhere, you're saying what, exactly? You're certainly not helping your case or winning the hearts and minds of anyone on this board.
                          You're all so closed to an opinion that is not shared by you that it's not even funny anymore.
                          Guess what? I'm going to be "close-minded" about my stance on the issue of cruelty to animals for as long as I live. Just as I'm close-minded on the issue of murder being wrong, too. I've made up my mind that destroying the life of a little kitten for fun and pleasure is a wrong and horrible act. And yes, the animal that perpetrated this act ought to be locked up for as long as the law allows.

Expounding on this point a bit: Since you don't really care much about the "let's see it from the kitten's point-of-view angle", here's another thought for you. Most people who perpetrate acts of violence to animals, if they are not stopped, grow up to perpetrate acts of violence on HUMANS. That means that this psycho will probably end up taking the life of a living breathing human being at some point in the future. It's the same behavior. People who exhibit these tendencies should be put away forever, if only for the utilitarian end of preventing violence against humans.

He cannot go to jail for the same reason a hunter cannot go to jail.
                          LAST TIME. There is a QUALITATIVE DIFFERENCE between killing for sport and killing for the sake of enjoying the pain suffered by the animal. The difference is in the motivation of the person doing the killing. Someone who kills for the enjoyment of seeing a living creature suffer has a very different -- and dangerous -- psychological makeup from someone who hunts. The lines get grayer as you go down this road, but no hunter I have ever known has hunted to see deer suffer. In fact, hunters take a lot of care to get a "kill shot" in first so that the animals DON'T suffer. If you can't see the difference, I'm truly sorry.

I merely state that fact and since you all are acting like the hippies I see on Haight-Ashbury, you go berzerk.
                          This point is absolutely irrelevant. But since you brought it up, I'm proud to call myself a conservative and a libertarian. I'd like to state for the record that there are many more of us conservatives out there who take time to think, rather than condemn a stance against animal cruelty as some sort of "goddamn hippie" agenda.

So why don't you just calm down, stop trying to act like mommy and maybe go out and do some community service.
                          What cajones. You tell another poster he needs a slap across the face to shut him up, you tell another that he needs to go to his room, and you tell me to stop trying to "act like Mommy?" Congrats. You've just graduated from Troll Academy. Good luck to you.
                          iComix :: web comics

Report Post | IP: Logged

Comment

Oh god. You're too predictible. You never know when to just drop it do you.

Doesn't matter.

You'll learn.

Comment

It seems like you (baragon0) don't know when to drop it...

Comment

Trollin trollin trollin

Look at this fool trollin

DON'T BITE!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X