This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jakeman
    maybe it's just me, but when i am presented with a topic like this i switch off my emotions. responding to this topic emotionally is the worst possible thing you can do. negative emotions have no positive applications, turn them off.
    Sure turn them off. I read yesterday, that a guy for personal pleasure has molested a baby, her bekken were broken and the inside of her mouth was torn open and her enkles were broken too. The mother found it like that.

GREAT STUFF TO READ - If you just turn your emotions off.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
      maybe it's just me, but when i am presented with a topic like this i switch off my emotions. responding to this topic emotionally is the worst possible thing you can do. negative emotions have no positive applications, turn them off.
      Is this something you picked up watching Star Trek?
      Well, there it is.
      - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Originally posted by bigmattyh
        You can't seriously expect a reasonable person to think that putting a kitten on a barbecue grill is somehow morally equivalent to eating a cow! God have mercy on you if you think that by objecting to barbecuing a LIVE animal purely for the sake of the pleasure of seeing it tortured -- with spectators standing by! -- falls under the category of "goddamn hippy animal rights!"

It's SICK, plain and simple, and your analogy should be offensive to any reasonable human being. In the case of eating a hamburger, no-one delights in the cow's suffering as its life is ended. In cases of animal torture, sick and depraved animals get off on seeing other creatures suffer in pain. My God, I'll say it again -- I do hope you're not serious, because this kind of activity does happen, and more often than not, it's just the opening act to maiming or killing HUMANS. These sick people need to be locked up. Forever. They're cancers on this society. Please for the love of god, take time to consider your position. There is a clear moral difference here, and you'd be well-served to meditate on it.
        I totally agree, minus the "god" references.
        Well, there it is.
        - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Then may god have mercy for all the labrotory rats that are tortured for testing. May god have mercy on every guniea pig you give a child. May god have mercy on all domestic pets, for they're slaves.

And people who hunt for sport? They shoot deer, rabbits, birds for sport. Just to see them die?

C'mon, if that's not illegal, then why is this?
          ccd1
          Last edited by ccd1; Sat 3 Aug '02, 6:29am.

Comment

Originally posted by baragon0
            Then may god have mercy for all the labrotory rats that are tortured for testing. May god have mercy on every guniea pig you give a child. May god have mercy on all domestic pets, for they're slaves.

And people who hunt for sport? They shoot deer, rabbits, birds for sport. Just to see them die?

Animal research saves human lives. Pets are cared for and loved. Sport hunting is just plain wrong and should be outlawed, unless you're planning to eat that deer that you've killed.
            Well, there it is.
            - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

you are a fool.
              i don't often speak harshly of people online, choosing instead to just sit by and read other's posts... however you've proven yourself to be nothing short of a complete ****ing idiot in this thread.
              i sincerely hope you do not have - nor intend on having - any children, as you do not appear to have any morals or common sense to pass onto them.

i'm done with this thread.
              Buddha's Bar & Grill

Comment

And may Kwan Yin have mercy on you, for the thousand eyes of Avalokiteshvara look away from you.

Who did I speak harshly to? By having an opposing view point you take this? Is this why you cannot carry a civil conversation without flaming?

This point of view is taken by Buddhists, Hindu's and Jains alike, that's 2 billion people. Argue with them as well. You should learn to at least be proper and respect others ideas then to slam them down.

You are nothing better than a loud mouthed little child that needs to be slapped to shut his mouth.

Now answer me on the sport hunting. Is that not killing for amusment? Just like the kitten?
                ccd1
                Last edited by ccd1; Sat 3 Aug '02, 11:58am.

Comment

Now answer me on the sport hunting. Is that not killing for amusment? Just like the kitten?
                  Yes it is, which is why I think it should be made illegal. But just because it isn't doesn't mean it's then ok to go torture kittens needlessly. Two wrongs don't make a right.
                  Well, there it is.
                  - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Then why go out and torture deer endlessly? There is no reason for this person to be jailed unless killing for sport were illegal, which it isn't.

I never said it was good to kill animals without a point, I just said there is no reason for him to go to jail.

Comment

I dont agree with ol 'macboy' ( ) at all, people getting wound up and showing their emotions is the whole point. It pushes them to fight against something which is totally wrong no matter how you look at it, owning a mac I am surprised you dont get wound up more often.

Comment

Jakeman says that everytime something like this comes up.

It's one thing to say it's wrong to get emotional, but it's another entirely to become apathetic to these types of things.

Jakeman just says it's wrong to feel negative emotions, yet doesn't clarify any positive things he can do or say in response to the issue. It's a cop out.

It's apathy and lack of compassion like his that breeds these type of people. His inability and/or refusal to accept it as reality is a dangerous sign, all too prevalent in today's youth. They don't care, that's why they bring semi-automatic weapons to school and wipe out their cafeteria - those people they are killing don't exist, they are merely objects that they feel absolutely no compassion for.

Comment

Let me add that a wise man is not void of any negative emotions, a wise man embraces negative emotions and creates change with them.

A fool refuses to accept that negativity is part of who he is.

Comment

You are nothing better than a loud mouthed little child that needs to be slapped to shut his mouth.
                            On a related note, this is not the first time you've referred to other members of this forum as children, and that they need to be slapped or sent to their room (and I know of one particularly attitude-laden post that was deleted by Jake). Regardless of the merits of the issue, you are NOT anyone's parent here, so ditch the superiority act.
                            iComix :: web comics

Report Post | IP: Logged

Comment

You should learn to at least be proper and respect others ideas then to slam them down.

You're so full of garbage. The thread was fine until you decided to label something as "Goddamn hippy animal rights".

You need to practice what you preach. Or stop preaching, because if what you've said in this thread is an indication of your intellectual level, you need to be duct taped shut for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeptical

Is this something you picked up watching Star Trek?
                                heh, no. i developed my outlook through my own personal experience and observation.

Originally posted by nemesis01
                                I dont agree with ol 'macboy' ( ) at all, people getting wound up and showing their emotions is the whole point. It pushes them to fight against something which is totally wrong no matter how you look at it, owning a mac I am surprised you dont get wound up more often.
                                ewww, case and point. reason is blinded by negative emotions, that's the worst time to fight.

Originally posted by Paul J
                                Jakeman says that everytime something like this comes up.

It's one thing to say it's wrong to get emotional, but it's another entirely to become apathetic to these types of things.

Jakeman just says it's wrong to feel negative emotions, yet doesn't clarify any positive things he can do or say in response to the issue. It's a cop out.

It's apathy and lack of compassion like his that breeds these type of people. His inability and/or refusal to accept it as reality is a dangerous sign, all too prevalent in today's youth. They don't care, that's why they bring semi-automatic weapons to school and wipe out their cafeteria - those people they are killing don't exist, they are merely objects that they feel absolutely no compassion for.
                                i'm not apathetic to this, and i'm not copping out or refusing to see the reality. strike 3.

Originally posted by Paul J
                                Let me add that a wise man is not void of any negative emotions, a wise man embraces negative emotions and creates change with them.

A fool refuses to accept that negativity is part of who he is.
                                i agree.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X