Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't gotten that far yet...If this falls through, I'm going to give up my dedicated server cuz it's costing me an arm and a leg every month and it's not being used...

Comment

I think it will (is) a good idea, we all just need to hype it up. Since it will be for all types of boards hopefully others that come here as well have friends and will pass the word along. I know that I just registered over there and have posted a few things and will let my admin and co-admin friends know as well.

I will try and think of domain names...I am not very good at it though so dont critique' me on it!!

i like bbadmintalk or bosstalk
      hmmm...will have to think on it! Its late here

Comment

Well right now it's still an idea...heretic, you still interested?

Comment

I think this is an interesting idea. I do think you're going to have problems with "my software's better than yours" all over the place, and I don't think moderators from all the major players is necessarily going to kill that - the moderators are moderators where they are for a reason, and they're just as fallible as the rest of the crowd, just as able to get drawn into a huge "neener neener" match.

Interesting idea though.

Comment

Yeah I've already thought about that. Which is why I want a diverse mod crowd, however, they'll have to be impartial.

If I was really mean I could put a UBB owner as a mod of the vBulletin forum and vice versa

No that would just cause more mess than what we need.

I think this idea will work, but everyone has to be willing to set aside their opinion of the software and just focus on the main point, running the boards. Who cares if it's a UBB or vBulletin, we're not there to discuss product differences. But again, not everyone will see this point...

Comment

To all the naysayers:

You all keep complaining that it's just going to turn into a "my software is better than yours" match, but if we have very strict moderation then we can make that sort of thing practically non-existant. It wastes time and effort, distracts from the main subject and diverts our attention every time you mention this, and right now we'd just like to get it set up.

I thenkyou...

Comment

I am sill very much interested. While personally I like vB, I still agree that UBB, phpBB, snitz, burning board, invision board, and ezboard have advantages too.

I feel with level headed moderation, it can be possible.

Comment

Ok guys if I'm going to set this up, we need a domain.

Here's some of the ideas:

bbsadmintalk.com
                  admintalk.com
                  bbadmins.com

All ideas are welcomed. The domain will be registered hopefully by the end of this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkshines
                    To all the naysayers:

You all keep complaining that it's just going to turn into a "my software is better than yours" match, but if we have very strict moderation then we can make that sort of thing practically non-existant. It wastes time and effort, distracts from the main subject and diverts our attention every time you mention this, and right now we'd just like to get it set up.

I thenkyou...
                    Excuse me, I'm not "complaining", I'm just pointing out facts. In order to compain, I would have "to express feelings of pain, dissatisfaction, or resentment," none of which I did. That said, heavy moderation will not always kill the problem.

If you didn't want public opinion you shouldn't have posted it here.

Comment

Originally posted by Radon3k
                      Ok guys if I'm going to set this up, we need a domain.

bbsadmintalk.com
                      admintalk.com
                      bbadmins.com

Of those three I think admintalk is the strongest.

Comment

MY vote goes for admintalk as well

Comment

ditto on admintalk

Comment

i say admintalk, since i did come up with it.. but doesnt matter...
                            Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

Originally posted by IDN
                              i say admintalk, since i did come up with it.. but doesnt matter...
                              AdminTalk ? That doesn't say at all that it is about bbs's. Think about what you guys want.. not just admin talks, because global ideas about moderation of categories/boards/threads/etc is included. bbsmanagement.com or something would be more fitting. (but use more appropiate word then my poor english)

Comment

1. I agree with tubedogg that we will have some problems with moderation and software bashing. We can and will try to limit this as much as possible.

2. xiphoid has a point about his domain theory

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X