Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds like a great idea . If you need any help with moderating or something send a shout my way.

Comment

I would, but I don't want to register at a site I might not go to again, and I really want this to be a vB, not on personal opinion, but I am not fimiliar with any other forum system.

I've drawn a set of guidelines that should keep most worries away, I'm going to send them to radon3k as soon as he gets back online

Originally posted by Darkshines
      Nobody who's said they are interested has checked out Roxics' board yet.

Maybe it would be a good idea if everyone who is willing to help or just generally interested went there, so we could all discuss it there and not bother these casual vb.com surfers with matters which won't concern them

Re-linkage: http://www.roxics.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi

Comment

Originally posted by heretic
        I would, but I don't want to register at a site I might not go to again, and I really want this to be a vB, not on personal opinion, but I am not fimiliar with any other forum system.
        As far as I know the Ikonboard, if not the website itself, is only temporary (I think that radon3k is going to do the hosting, and someone, I think it was radon3k, said they were going to get hold of a vBulletin). I was merely suggesting that we use that site temporarily to discuss the setting up of the board, who's going to be admin, who's going to be mod, what we're going to have, how we're going to do publicity etc, etc, so that we don't bother anybody else who's just browsing these forums and not all that interested.

Comment

Hehe, having to register before browsing the forums isn't a very good thing to do for a community building site. I'll register and have a look around, though.

Comment

I am already there.

Comment

I'm there

I like the register 1st idea.. so if anyone's serious about doing this, then they would register

Comment

like i said i would love to help admin it... send me a PM or such
                Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

Yeah the board I set up was already there it just wasn't being used. So I figured I'd let everyone use it till we could find a better solution. I would also prefer it be a Vb but I didn't have an extra VB license.

The software used really isn't the point though. I'm sure there may be a few posts about software but the idea was meant to be open to everyone whether they are using a VB, a WBB or a board they built themselves. The idea was about the politics of running a board. Not the software itself.

The ikonboard is hosted on the same server as my regular VB so it will stay up for as long as necessary. So feel free to use it.
                  www.ScapeFilms.com

Comment

Sorry i forgot to mention that I didn't realize I had the board set to "View only when logged in". I fixed it. Now you can view and post as guests as well.
                    www.ScapeFilms.com

Comment

Originally posted by N9ne
                      It's a great idea and i'd post a lot there but I can't help run it etc, as i'm way too busy with my own site too.
                      use white instead of black it makes it hell to read ur forum.

and 36 queries?!?! wtf?

Comment

I think its a great idea. I have 2 vB's and would love to be a part of it. I know I "lurk" around here mostly, but certainly have some "issues" that I could use some other admins to talk about them with!

Comment

Ok guys sorry that took so long to reply, been at work.

So where do we stand? I have the hosting, and the vBulletin software ready, just need a domain to register, and a list of people who want to help.

NOTE: We WILL have mods from other forum software, just so that we don't make it a vB vs. all free for all.

Comment

like i said im willing to admin

Comment

You keep saying that, but ideas are more helpful right now than admin applications

Domain names would be nice...And if this project is a go, that would be nice as well..

Comment

well like i said admin mod all the same, and user would be fine too..

some domains bbsadmintalk.com that came off your idea, bbstalk.com but that might be confusing and people would think it is for forum talk no admin

i though admintalk.com, but that is too broad... something like bbsadmintalk.com would be nice but shorter and such, and will it be a site + forum, or just a forum?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X