X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you build it, they will come

Comment

I am still a new admin and I think this would be a great idea. I am in though I am too green to moderate this type of site.

Comment

Well I've already began working on this, not the actual forums as yet, just some preliminary research into this. I'm developing ideas for rules, and how it would run.

If nobody else wants to do this, stop me now before I build the actual boards

Comment

Radon.. PM me with what you have so far.. I'd love to have some input

Comment

If you guys need some space, then I'm sure we could create you an account on our server
            Raz - KMC Forums

Comment

Thanks Razzie, but I have a dedicated server that's not being used for anything right now that I'd like to put to use. Thanks anyway

heretic, I don't have much, but I'll PM ya anyway.

Comment

An unused dedicated server? That seems awfully expensive
                Raz - KMC Forums

Comment

That's kinda why I said I wanted to use it...

Comment

sounds like an excellent idea, count me in,

Comment

Me, too.

There are already a couple out there:
                      http://www.designforcommunity.com/
                      http://www.onlinecommunityreport.com/
                      Matt
                      Sybase DBA / PHP fanatic
                      Sybase v. MySQL v. Oracle | Why I don't like MySQL | Download Sybase TODAY! | Visit DBForums.com!

Comment

Plus Howard Rheingold has a private forum called Brainstorms which has this as a part of it.

Comment

I'd be interested, i know my way around the vB2 features and how to use them

Comment

Ok, so it would be a good idea to have this kind of forum at vB.com or .org, but you kep bashing the idea of a standalone site. I think it's an idea that could work, and there's no harm in giving it a try. Radon3k seems to be keen on this and it would be a shame if any of you "anti" people were to put him off ¬_¬

I will help in any way if asked, and will be happy to be a part of such a forum

Comment

I'm all for the site, I just think it would spark a lot of arguements over software. As long as it gets a good moderating staff to stop all of that, it could be very nice. We could supply board graphics, styles, and tons of other stuff.

Comment

Nobody who's said they are interested has checked out Roxics' board yet.

Maybe it would be a good idea if everyone who is willing to help or just generally interested went there, so we could all discuss it there and not bother these casual vb.com surfers with matters which won't concern them

Re-linkage: http://www.roxics.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X