This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Board for BB admins and mods

Someone needs to come up with a bulletin board where BB administrators and moderators can go to talk about the politics of running a BB, share rules and ideas that have worked well for them, talk about situations they've had to deal with like unruley members, ect.

A place for admins and mods to vent and and share. An open source board for admins of any type of board or board software. You know get some phpBB and IBF and UBB admins together with us and all share our experience in running a board.

What do you guys think of that idea. Anyone up for doing it?
    www.ScapeFilms.com

the idea has potential.

Comment

Well, I have a website that doesn't have a subject yet, but the name of it would be sort of unfitting for the type of community that you're talking about... Unless we can form some kind of acronym...
      http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

Dear lord BillaBongUSA you have the same birthday as me. You're an aquarius you should have a million ideas. They say we aquarians are near genius level and have ideas that change the world for the better. So get to thinking
        www.ScapeFilms.com

Comment

Sitepointforums has a community building section, however, its not used too much, just a fwe posts a day... too bad, its a great idea.
          Bike Forums.net

Comment

hey, i'm all in for that idea... i would love to help admin it, and might throw in some cash to buy a domain..

anyone else intrested?

we can get a site up and such
            Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

Originally posted by roxics
              Dear lord BillaBongUSA you have the same birthday as me. You're an aquarius you should have a million ideas. They say we aquarians are near genius level and have ideas that change the world for the better. So get to thinking
              Heh, thanks, I guess. I'm just trying to think of something fun and original, but with all the cool websites that already exist, I'm learning that that's a hard thing to do.
              http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

im an aq too... jan 21
                Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

No prob

Well untill something can be figured out as a permenant place I offer up my old ikonboard for this use. It's MySQL so it can be transferred to something later if need be.

My only problem is that I really don't care to run it or put any effort into going around and advertising it. My time right now is used handling probs on my own board and some new real life projects that are starting up. So if someone wants to do all that then they've got themselves and admin job.

I'd love to show up and use it myself.

It's located here:
                  http://www.roxics.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi
                  www.ScapeFilms.com

Comment

It's a great idea and i'd post a lot there but I can't help run it etc, as i'm way too busy with my own site too.

Comment

I'd be interested, although I'd prefer it to be a vB

Comment

Good idea but I fear it would never work, it would be just full of people saying "this product is better, because" and how would you choose what software to run it on!

I think a "community building" forum would be good at vb.com though
                        Motorsport Forums

Comment

Yes, one forum at vb.com or .org would work well I think, but if we make a whole board for it, it would just be people saying the product they use is better.

Comment

If you people want to do this, I'll buy everything, I have the vBulletin already, and it's not in use. I'll buy the domain, the hosting, everything, and I'll let people who want to mod and be admins do so. Lemme know what ya think.

BTW, we would set up rules to make it to where people cannot bash other boards or go around bragging on how they think their forum is better.

I'm all for this, it's almost like a WHT type board, but for BBS instead

Comment

Actually, I already have a dedicated server that we could use

I got some extra cash I wanna spend, so lemme know, I don't mind

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X