Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirated vB's?

O_o

I notified one a WHILE ago and it's still there.. Does anyone feel vB is too loose on pirated vB's?

Sometimes theres nothing they can do...

Nuke pirates can't do much

Who knows, they may currently be in litigation(sp)...

Comment

It could also mean it wasnt a pirate vB

You'll never know, unless the people you reported put up some nasty msg.
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Oh, haha.. They got it off Kazaa... O_o

hmm

*thinks about not re-newing his license*

Comment

**thinks about emailing nukepirates**
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

*still thinks about not re-newing his license*

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Coolj
                *still thinks about not re-newing his license*
                If you don't and your forum is still active after 12-21-2002 6:56pm, see what happens as I am going to make sure to not forget this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by freddie
                  If you don't and your forum is still active after 12-21-2002 6:56pm, see what happens as I am going to make sure to not forget this thread.
                  Go Freddie!

Comment

I've never understood why some people assume that Jelsoft is this all-powerful entity that can smite down pirated forums with a simple wave of their mighty hands. Nor do I understand why anyone would seriously consider not renewing their license simply because Jelsoft cannot eradicate every pirated forum on the planet. Doesn't it occur to people that removing pirated boards requires cooperation from web hosts, ISPs and other individuals besides Jelsoft?

Can someone explain this rationale to me? Because frankly it doesn't make any sense at all.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

They think we probably hire mafia style hitmen to take out people who dont agree to remove pirated boards

Its probably cause Jelsoft makes such a big issue about pirated boards but never hear of the results. Maybe we could post a figure, ie. number of pirated boards reported to date is x and number of pirated boards closed to date is y.
                      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by PPN
                        They think we probably hire mafia style hitmen to take out people who dont agree to remove pirated boards

Its probably cause Jelsoft makes such a big issue about pirated boards but never hear of the results. Maybe we could post a figure, ie. number of pirated boards reported to date is x and number of pirated boards closed to date is y.
                        even tho i would love to know this i dont think its wise, if the number is low many might decided to use warez insted of buying the software

Comment

Originally posted by freddie

owned

Comment

Try to be forgetful next February, will ya?
                            --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                            Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by Anime-loo
                              even tho i would love to know this i dont think its wise, if the number is low many might decided to use warez insted of buying the software
                              Im sure Jelsoft could embelish a little
                              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X