Say hello..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say hello..

to the newest banned member of ubbdev. why was i banned?

http://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimat...;f=10;t=002095

guy asked about database forum scripts, got alot of info on ubb.t, i gave him some info on vbulletin and a few links (the admin demo and stuff like that) they edited my post, when i said something about it i was banned. gatta love infopop

ow, that sucks. i dunno why ubbdev cares so much if someone goes to ubb threads or vB. they don't make any money either way.
    Last edited by zachb; Wed 17 Jul '02, 3:34pm.

Comment

If I could only say publicly what phpBB did to my thread (and my computer)

Comment

they are now deleating half the replys in the topic. dende posted links to phpbb and ikonboard and his reply was deleated, but they left his ranting post.

AllenAyres posted this, which is pure bull
        Because Infopop's support is superior to any other forum software maker's, period.
        begin a user of both systems (until today) i can tell you that ive gotton alot more suport over here then over at ubbdev and/or infopop

You see while the other boards are doing no more then what they have to do to mimic IP they are doing what IP's customers want. They are not handcuffed by "that's how Infopop does it so that's how we have to do it".
        WHY do they say this everytime someone mentions anthor forum system?. last time i looked vbulletin was out and selling a php/mySQL system long before infopop had anything to match it. they act like every forum system is out to copy them... a few years ago i could understand begin mad about the whole layout thing.. but now its just getting old

Comparing something like # of hacks in the dev communities is pointless, they've been around much longer than we have. If they have 300 mods and you use 7, what's the point? We develop what is needed and asked for, not a mindless number of align="center" type mods.
        now he bashes the vbulletin.org hacking area, yes its been around longer, but ubbdev has been around much longer then vbulletin, and .org has more hacks then both. the hackers at vbulletin.org are playing with new ideas and giving people what they ask for, while ubbdev for the most part is only porting hacks from old versons. what he thinks is needed and what is needed by someone are two differnt things. he needs to see that.

heres anthor post by LK (which was edited)

In every post @ vb.com they (including vB admins!) bash UBB in a pretty weird (IMO) manner because we use flat files.
        i see a new vB bash at dev everyday, ive seen mabey 2 here in the last few months

Their board administrators are 15 years old.
        they are not and why would it matter if they where ?

vBulletin has many hacks that you gotta PAY to use, while in UBBThreads everything is free.
        ive seen 1 or 2 hacks you must pay for, both had a free verson

Some rumors say that vB sends your board's URL and your IP to vB admins ("call home"), to make sure you aren't a pirate.
        if your not warez WHY would you care?

im not trying to bash infopop, im just saying that the people over here have helped me faster, better, and been more friendly to me.
        Last edited by Anime-loo; Wed 17 Jul '02, 4:51pm.

Comment

Good Job

Comment

All I will say is that there are different camps within the IP world and there is unhappy people on both sides.

I will say though that the VB community has never shunned or spoken negatively on any post I have made or commented on even though I openly admit I do not have a VB license *yet* Then again VB is the only product that is the closest comparisson to my system there is.
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            Running custom version of vBulletin based on v4.2.5
            PHP 7.4.14 :: MariaDB 10.5.8

Comment

Originally posted by 1QuickSI
              All I will say is that there are different camps within the IP world and there is unhappy people on both sides.

I will say though that the VB community has never shunned or spoken negatively on any post I have made or commented on even though I openly admit I do not have a VB license *yet* Then again VB is the only product that is the closest comparisson to my system there is.
              Just buy that damn vB license already geeeez!!

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
                If I could only say publicly what phpBB did to my thread (and my computer)
                just tell us
                Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

I think somebody should send a warning email to this moron LK and inform him that slandering is punishable by fines and even imprisonment in a court of law.
                  Well, there it is.
                  - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

1. In before the lock!
                    2. Both systems have advantages and fighting over them is pointless. Thread closed. Look, I can close threads!
                    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
                      2. Thread closed. Look, I can close threads!
                      no you cant
                      Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

But I can!
                        http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

no you can't

Comment

Hey, I didn't say anything about locking threads in this message board!
                            http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

My voodoo has failed me!
                              --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                              Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                              vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X