AolHell Crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AolHell Crap

Was browsing through my Internet options for IE a few minutes ago and noticed under trusted sites in the security tab an entry:

http://free.aol.com

I was like When did that get in there?

I figure it must have gotten there when I installed aol (for friend to use when he comes over).

So all this time I've no idea what AoHELL has been installing in my system! Since it's trusted any type of activeX they'd like to put they can just reign free!

KILL AOL!!!
    Well, there it is.
    - Keeper of the Grove

Chances are they haven't installed anything or you would have heard about it. However anytime you install anything from AOL (AIM, Netscape, etc.) it adds that.

Comment

Hmm, same here too and only AIM. Promptly nuked that entry though.
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

well, AOL hasnt installed anything on me

Comment

I just read on a news site in the netherlands that the next aol browser (8?) is one people have to charge for.

Comment

I like the over layout of AOL; Being notified of e-mail when it arrives is a big plus, and their Instant Messenger is tied in. If not for countless crashes and the want for something faster, I'd probably still be using it.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Huff
              I like the over layout of AOL; Being notified of e-mail when it arrives is a big plus, and their Instant Messenger is tied in. If not for countless crashes and the want for something faster, I'd probably still be using it.
              I myself was with aol for quite a while back a few years ago. I just couldn't stand their network connectivity. Things were soooooooo slow and every 10 minutes or so I get a "you've been idle, click this or be logged off". And then during the 47th minute another "want to stay online? you must click or be logged off". All I wanna do sometimes was to download a huge file without having to sit there all the time.

I'll never go back to aohell. Because it literally was HELL.
              Well, there it is.
              - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X