This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great job vBulletin...NOT!

You guys make me sick. You actually allowed [url removed] to have a license?! You said in your agreement that you can revoke it if they are supporting hate or hate crimes.

Jeez...read some of the stuff they post over there. It makes you sick to your stomach to think that some people could be so ignorant
    Last edited by JamesUS; Sun 7th Jul '02, 5:19am.

Re: Great job vBulletin...NOT!

Originally posted by NOT_A_RACIST
    You guys make me sick. You actually allowed www.*********.com to have a license?! You said in your agreement that you can revoke it if they are supporting hate or hate crimes.

Jeez...read some of the stuff they post over there. It makes you sick to your stomach to think that some people could be so ignorant
    the vB people don't check each site before giving out a license... It's done by a computer...

If you think they are breaking their licence agreement, you should fill out a form here

don't post it here
    Last edited by DWZ; Sun 7th Jul '02, 4:19am.

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/license.html

i see nothing about hate crimes, only intellectual property violations. i don't see any problems with that site running vBulletin from a legal standpoint.

Comment

I think the mods should remove that url from the original post because the site is rather disgusting...

But the main reason I'm posting is, why disallow IP violating sites from running vB but not hate sites?
        Well, there it is.
        - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Originally posted by Skeptical
          I think the mods should remove that url from the original post because the site is rather disgusting...
          good point - i'll edit it out of my quote

Comment

Those people need their head examined. We are all equal.

This is how wars start -- "we are better then you because our god is real".

Comment

hmm i wont be in a war sometime soon cos i dont have a god
              www.xixora.com
              Goldrush : A Soldier of Fortune Modification going for the GOLD!

Comment

If someone writes a hate letter using Word do you complain to Microsoft?

Jelsoft are here to sell a product, not dictate what it can and cannot be used for.

If you object to the site then complain to their hosts, it might be against their policies.

(ps. I don't work for Jelsoft!)
                Motorsport Forums

Comment

If Jelsoft were to start regulating content of message boards, we would be walking a very thin legal line between our desires to revoke licenses and the free-speech rights of others. Like it or not (and without having viewed the site in question), most if not all of it is probably covered by free-speech law. If we were to start revoking licenses based on content, we would open ourselves up to numerous lawsuits, frivilous or not, which we simply can't do if we are to continue normal development of vBulletin.

Comment

Maybe it'll be a good time to close this thread?
                    :)

Comment

Originally posted by eiSecure
                      Maybe it'll be a good time to close this thread?
                      Yes, it is.

Comment

Could've sworn I already did that...anyway closed now.

Comment

Working...
                        X