Website appraised ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website appraised ?

Does anyone know where I can get my forum appraised?

I'm just curious as to what you would like to appraise it for. What I've found is that your community is worth what someone would be willing to pay for it. Is an appraisal really necessary?

Many times the appraisals are done with many tangents in mind. Such as the domain name. If the domain name is great, and you are getting an appraisal on the name as with the community as well, the price goes up.

Getting an appraisal can be done online. It won't be for your community specifically, it will be for your site and content, domain, etc... and is somewhat based on traffic as well.

You would fill out the report and pay the money, they would tell you what they think it's worth. Do a search on Yahoo and you will find these companies.

Personally I wouldn't pay a dime to anyone for this service. If your community is a very popular site and you have intentions to sell, calculate the overall worth yourself and then get another opinion. Remember, they have their calculations and measures, but that doesn't necessarily mean someone would be willing to pay it. Then again, they may be willing to pay even more.

If you are talking about your vBulletinsites.com, you are talking about a community setup with a specific intended purpose. Just as with any niche market, your community maybe very valuable to some, and not worth anything to someone else. Again, this goes back to the same as mentioned. If someone is interested, and they feel the price is justified, they might make an offer.

If you are thinking of selling your domain rights and community, you may just want to put it up for sale and see what happens. I'm sure you can calculate a price for what you think it's worth to you and what you would like to see in terms of a return on your investment.
    Last edited by Hooper; Sat 6th Jul '02, 10:15am.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, how do you do the pagerank bar things on vbulletinsites.com?
      - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

Originally posted by andrewpfeifer
        Just out of curiosity, how do you do the pagerank bar things on vbulletinsites.com?
        It's the number of clicks each link has recieved.
        :)

Comment

Originally posted by Hooper
          If you are talking about your vBulletinsites.com
          Thanks Hooper for your comments, but i'm not selling vbulletinsites.com (thats my baby), im selling Ausforum.com - broadband community forum - 5000+ members.

Originally posted by andrewpfeifer
          Originally posted by eiSecure
          It's the number of clicks each link has recieved.
          Yep, that's correct. While I don't show the number of hits, the bar ranks you with a percentage, hance the green bar.
          Tried to make it like google, but nothings perfect.

Comment

If I were an aussi, I would buy that site immediately, but since I'm not, well, what's an administrator that isn't in contact with the forum's topic?

(Can I just have your members?)
            :)

Comment

Originally posted by eiSecure
              If I were an aussi, I would buy that site immediately, but since I'm not, well, what's an administrator that isn't in contact with the forum's topic?

(Can I just have your members?)
              I'm a aussi, and I would buy it, but I have no money

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X