licensing a script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• licensing a script

I have almost finished a PHP/MySQL script (working version here) for youth soccer tournaments to easily keep their tournament information updated on their sites.

My question is: what steps do I need to take in order to begin selling the script (and also hosting for tournaments that don't have a site)? Do I need to do something to officially make the script a "product"? Are there licenses involved? Do I have to be an actual business? etc, etc, etc...

Any information would be great. I figured since vB is doing the exact thing I want to do (just completely different product), this would be a good place to ask

Hi,
    You don't say what country you are in, so it's hard to say .

For the most part though theres nothing special you need to do. Just take money of people, but of course keep a record of it for tax purposes.

Stopping people taking your work and distributing it without paying for it is the most difficult thing.

Certainly in the UK, you don't need to do anything to be a "business"
    Motorsport Forums

Comment

You need a license agreement, of course, and TOS.
      Chen Avinadav
      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

I'm in the US.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X