Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moneybags
    replied
    hello I had a simular problem but only when I just installed (crappy) internet explorer 6, I could not get into my admin panel due to the cookie (default) setting, so after reading this I changed that setting as mentioned and It let me in, much better now, however I do still have a little problem, the pages are not autopaging like after when creating a new thread, or pm'ing... it does not automatically go to next page, I have to click onto "" Click here if you do not want to wait any longer
    (or if your browser does not automatically forward you) ""

can you help

Leave a comment:

• Valkyre
    replied
    I fiigured out what it was. Windows XP syncs your computer's clock with the windows time server. The time server set my clock to the wrong date, September 27th, 2010. Setting my clock back to the right time allowed me to set everything straight.

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel
    replied
    Then I guess you'll have to contact your ISP...

Leave a comment:

• Valkyre
    replied
    Ok, let me explain something to everyone..

Everything was working fine, I was in the browser, logged in and everything. Then suddenly when a page refreshed I was logged out, and couldn't log back in. This has nothing to do with settings, IE version, or any part of my computer. It's my connection.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. X
    replied
    What version of windows is this? Have you tried using another browser like Mozilla?

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel
    replied
    It may be your cookie settings.

Go to your IE settings, click the privacy tab, and try changing the settings to low ow none.

Leave a comment:

• Valkyre
    replied
    Originally posted by Valkyre
    Every other site seems to let me log in, however it looks like it's deleting my cookies after I close the browser window. When I return I'm once again logged out.
    Every site. vBulletin.com, Neowin.net, yaxay.com, etc..

You telling me all these sites have the same problem? No. It's something to do with my connection.

Originally posted by qwaz
    Did you really reinstall Windows because of this??
    Yes, I tried everything and I could and I had jobs that needed to get done, I was assuming it was my system.

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel
    replied
    Originally posted by smachol

Well, all he mentioned was DA.

Logic leads me to believe that since other sites work without any problem, it's not the client's fault, but most likely the server's problem.

Either that, or it has something to do with IE's privacy settings...

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by eiSecure
    Maybe it's a problem with the site itself?
    *sigh* Can't log in to my favorite places, shoot me.

Leave a comment:

• Paul J
    replied
    That's what I was thinking too.

Did you really reinstall Windows because of this??

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel
    replied
    Maybe it's a problem with the site itself?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Do you have a firwall or any other software running that might be interefering with cookies?

Leave a comment:

• Valkyre
    replied
    No jake, actually the cause is not Windows! That was the first thing that supprised me. I've been hearing that other people have had the same problem, they all say to wait a day or two, some kind of connection problem.

*sigh* Can't log in to my favorite places, shoot me.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    did you run windows update? maybe there's a newer version of something that fixes that.

Leave a comment:

• Valkyre
    replied
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it's a connection problem. But what kind of a connection problem is faulty cookies?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X