Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So hows everyones forum

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Better than I could have ever imagined. We've been open for less than 6 months, and are rapidly approaching the 10,000 member mark.

    Matthew Yette
    [email protected]
    Matthew Yette
    [email protected]
    antsmarching.org - People in every direction

    Comment


    • #17
      Well for one of the boards that I'm admin of, it has grown quite fast

      It's a secret board [ for close friends etc only ] and it still grows at a rate of about 20 members a day !!

      Comment


      • #18
        Looks like the members are bad at keeping secrets.
        :)

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by eiSecure
          Looks like the members are bad at keeping secrets.
          LOL LOL Yes I would have to agree with ecSecure.

          Trusty lot they are not
          PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by jmd


            LOL LOL Yes I would have to agree with ecSecure.

            Trusty lot they are not
            hehe LoL yea, I've thought that too. but we don't mind, as long as the URL isn't advertised in everyone's sig etc then I guess it's fine

            Comment


            • #21
              My board is doing great! Averaging 1,000 posts per day and around 10 new members per day. My only regret is the cost of hosting the damn thing!
              http://www.ironmagazine.com - blog
              http://www.ironmagazineforums.com - forums
              http://www.ironmaglabs.com - supplements

              Comment


              • #22
                I've been more than happy with my board. Its been up for six months and already we have over 800 members with 100,000 posts
                things are looking look *knocks on wood*

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Prince
                  My board is doing great! Averaging 1,000 posts per day and around 10 new members per day. My only regret is the cost of hosting the damn thing!
                  Good point Prince lol

                  This can be a problem. We all want the big forums but eveything comes at a cost.

                  Mine is growing slowly. I have Members: 80, Threads: 1,078, Posts: 9,364

                  Its an active board that I can easly run on 6 dollars a month Canadian.


                  I could have twice the activity and still run it for that price.

                  I like that lol


                  Only at the last minuet will I move it to a private server.

                  Cheers
                  PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by yetdog111
                    Better than I could have ever imagined. We've been open for less than 6 months, and are rapidly approaching the 10,000 member mark.

                    Matthew Yette
                    [email protected]
                    thats a great start
                    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                    Microsoft Beta Team

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Asendin


                      thats a great start
                      There are already so many DMB sites on the internet, when we built ours we wanted to make it the best one out there, and when you build a site with a lot of unique features and strong content, the forum builds itself. That and the fact that the Dave Matthews Band has one of the largest online fanbases for any band of all time.

                      Thanks for the kind words

                      Matthew Yette
                      [email protected]
                      Matthew Yette
                      [email protected]
                      antsmarching.org - People in every direction

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        we took ours down for awhile, but back when it was up and running (ubb) we had over a millon post and only 500 something members , we are having a few real life meets soon it looks like to oO, one poster from canada is coming down my way, we are working round the clock to bring our new template set and forum to life, we lost all our ubb info, but we had the vB opened for about a month on the default design and it already exploded with activity.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I "think" I'm on target. But then again I never had a target. LOL
                          I had 1000 members when using UBB but since I switch to vB I have seen 4000+ members register in the same time frame. It must be me.
                          Also Vbulletinsites.com has helped.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Hey Matt,

                            The DMB fanbase online is nuts. REM's is a bit smaller

                            About your setlist/bootleg feature though, its top notch. We're working on databasing REM's setlists, which is not an easy task, believe me! 22 years of concerts Doing something similar with it though, with cross referencing setlists to the songs database to the albums, bootlegs, collectibles, guitar tabs, etc.... Lots of database work.

                            Ethan

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by ethank
                              Hey Matt,

                              The DMB fanbase online is nuts. REM's is a bit smaller

                              About your setlist/bootleg feature though, its top notch. We're working on databasing REM's setlists, which is not an easy task, believe me! 22 years of concerts Doing something similar with it though, with cross referencing setlists to the songs database to the albums, bootlegs, collectibles, guitar tabs, etc.... Lots of database work.

                              Ethan
                              Thanks for the compliments Ethan! I know some REM fans who frequent my boards and they're good people. I'm glad to see you are taking on the task of the database archive as well. Definitely a lot of work. If you run into problems or need any help, don't hesitate to contact me

                              Matthew Yette
                              [email protected]
                              Matthew Yette
                              [email protected]
                              antsmarching.org - People in every direction

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Almost 600 Members (about 10 a day)
                                1600 Posts

                                There are enough members registering, but only about 10 active max!!!!! Any suggestions?

                                http://www.pcreview.co.uk
                                Laptop Forums

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X