No announcement yet.

So hows everyones forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better than I could have ever imagined. We've been open for less than 6 months, and are rapidly approaching the 10,000 member mark.

Matthew Yette
    [email protected]
    Matthew Yette
    [email protected]
    antsmarching.org - People in every direction

Comment

Well for one of the boards that I'm admin of, it has grown quite fast

It's a secret board [ for close friends etc only ] and it still grows at a rate of about 20 members a day !!

Comment

Looks like the members are bad at keeping secrets.
        :)

Comment

Originally posted by eiSecure
          Looks like the members are bad at keeping secrets.
          LOL LOL Yes I would have to agree with ecSecure.

Trusty lot they are not
          PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Comment

Originally posted by jmd

LOL LOL Yes I would have to agree with ecSecure.

Trusty lot they are not
            hehe LoL yea, I've thought that too. but we don't mind, as long as the URL isn't advertised in everyone's sig etc then I guess it's fine

Comment

My board is doing great! Averaging 1,000 posts per day and around 10 new members per day. My only regret is the cost of hosting the damn thing!
              http://www.ironmagazine.com - blog
              http://www.ironmagazineforums.com - forums
              http://www.ironmaglabs.com - supplements

Comment

I've been more than happy with my board. Its been up for six months and already we have over 800 members with 100,000 posts
                things are looking look *knocks on wood*

Comment

Originally posted by Prince
                  My board is doing great! Averaging 1,000 posts per day and around 10 new members per day. My only regret is the cost of hosting the damn thing!
                  Good point Prince lol

This can be a problem. We all want the big forums but eveything comes at a cost.

Mine is growing slowly. I have Members: 80, Threads: 1,078, Posts: 9,364

Its an active board that I can easly run on 6 dollars a month Canadian.

I could have twice the activity and still run it for that price.

I like that lol

Only at the last minuet will I move it to a private server.

Cheers
                  PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Comment

Originally posted by yetdog111
                    Better than I could have ever imagined. We've been open for less than 6 months, and are rapidly approaching the 10,000 member mark.

Matthew Yette
                    [email protected]
                    thats a great start
                    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Asendin

thats a great start
                      There are already so many DMB sites on the internet, when we built ours we wanted to make it the best one out there, and when you build a site with a lot of unique features and strong content, the forum builds itself. That and the fact that the Dave Matthews Band has one of the largest online fanbases for any band of all time.

Thanks for the kind words

Matthew Yette
                      [email protected]
                      Matthew Yette
                      [email protected]

Comment

we took ours down for awhile, but back when it was up and running (ubb) we had over a millon post and only 500 something members , we are having a few real life meets soon it looks like to oO, one poster from canada is coming down my way, we are working round the clock to bring our new template set and forum to life, we lost all our ubb info, but we had the vB opened for about a month on the default design and it already exploded with activity.

Comment

I "think" I'm on target. But then again I never had a target. LOL
                          I had 1000 members when using UBB but since I switch to vB I have seen 4000+ members register in the same time frame. It must be me.
                          Also Vbulletinsites.com has helped.

Comment

Hey Matt,

The DMB fanbase online is nuts. REM's is a bit smaller

About your setlist/bootleg feature though, its top notch. We're working on databasing REM's setlists, which is not an easy task, believe me! 22 years of concerts Doing something similar with it though, with cross referencing setlists to the songs database to the albums, bootlegs, collectibles, guitar tabs, etc.... Lots of database work.

Ethan

Comment

Originally posted by ethank
                              Hey Matt,

The DMB fanbase online is nuts. REM's is a bit smaller

About your setlist/bootleg feature though, its top notch. We're working on databasing REM's setlists, which is not an easy task, believe me! 22 years of concerts Doing something similar with it though, with cross referencing setlists to the songs database to the albums, bootlegs, collectibles, guitar tabs, etc.... Lots of database work.

Ethan
                              Thanks for the compliments Ethan! I know some REM fans who frequent my boards and they're good people. I'm glad to see you are taking on the task of the database archive as well. Definitely a lot of work. If you run into problems or need any help, don't hesitate to contact me

Matthew Yette
                              [email protected]
                              Matthew Yette
                              [email protected]

Comment

Almost 600 Members (about 10 a day)
                                1600 Posts

There are enough members registering, but only about 10 active max!!!!! Any suggestions?

http://www.pcreview.co.uk
                                Laptop Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X