vB3 screeny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds really great, smachol.

Can't you give us one actuall screenshot?

Comment

Nah, let the dev team work on it and surprise us release a shot. We shouldnt be pressuring them into releasing a previewyes we shouldof vB3 because we can waitno we cantuntil they feel its comfortableor just give me a preview I wont tell anyonefor them to do so.
      forums: pcfx.cc
      gallery: here

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. X
        Nah, let the dev team work on it and surprise us release a shot. We shouldnt be pressuring them into releasing a previewyes we shouldof vB3 because we can waitno we cantuntil they feel its comfortableor just give me a preview I wont tell anyonefor them to do so.
        Ditto.
        :)

Comment

im still stuck between intergrating my vB 2 into my site or waiting on vB 3 to do it

Comment

I...... don't...... like ......... it.......

Comment

Originally posted by Beramode
              I...... don't...... like ......... it.......

Don't like what..vB3?
              - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

Originally posted by andrewpfeifer

Don't like what..vB3?
                I think that's what he meant.

Actually, that's an old screenshot of vB3 using a very basic vB2 skin. The release version should look MUCH nicer.

Comment

Eisecure posted the link to the screenshot. The only things missing are the buttons that toggle between threaded and linear view. Also in the threaded view, when you click on one of the posts, that post shows in the threadisplay box at the top.

Note that most of the work on vB 3.0 has been on the backend so far. However the linear/threaded view option works pretty darn well.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
                    Note that most of the work on vB 3.0 has been on the backend so far. However the linear/threaded view option works pretty darn well.
                    I'll be the judge of that.

Common', let us see it!

Comment

I dont see the harm in letting people download a copy of it, just saying this is not to be used in production or something ,,,, but either way I like that feature and looks like yall have done a good job so far.. Personally I feel that everyone is expecting a miracle out of this :/
                      Jimmy

Comment

i aint i just want an up to date message board
                        no i aint i want a miracle, maybe fireworks will come out my scfreen or it should cure cancer
                        www.xixora.com
                        Goldrush : A Soldier of Fortune Modification going for the GOLD!

Comment

i wonder how much jelsoft could make if they put the user/pass for their beta vb3 board up for auction teehee.
                          Cons

Comment

Now, we don't really need a screen shot, I mean, it's not easy to make them... You need to go to the site, hit the Print Screen button on your keyboard, open paint, paste it in, save it, then make it an attachment to a post...

We don't really want them to go through all that do we?

So just give us the login + password to http://beta.jelsoft.com/ It would take up much less time...

Comment

Of course, instead of spending your whole day whining to ask to see it, you can take some action.

Send a few bribes, and put a brute-force cracker on the .htaccess.

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
                                Eisecure posted the link to the screenshot. The only things missing are the buttons that toggle between threaded and linear view. Also in the threaded view, when you click on one of the posts, that post shows in the threadisplay box at the top.

That's great.

Now, do you know if there are any tracing functions to jump-to-reply or jump-to-original? IE an extra button or two (original and reply) on each post near "reply" would be ideal for tracing posts.

This is the way it was originally done back in the BBS days, and it'd translate well here. One could use the linear display while retaining threading functionality.

Could you tell us if the threaded view allows views other than just 1-post-per-page. Thread views that combine linear threaded formats (like DCForums') are an important option.

i.e. you'd have

- reply tree list

- reply tree list

- reply tree list

etc...

... all the way down per page.

Besides, I think the main reason people don't like "threaded" views is because they're stuck with only 1 post per page, which is irrelevant to whether or not there's actual threading involved. This format gives the best of both worlds.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X