Admin = Disproportionate Amount of Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin = Disproportionate Amount of Posts

Here's the deal...I have 105 members and 2100 posts after about 2 months. However, I (admin) account for 1/3 of all posts! I try to answer everyone to boost enthusiasm. Is it unusual for the admin to have a large percent of the posts in the first few months? Thanks.

on my forums i account for 18.3% of all posts. 12745/69544

Comment

I have 25/61 posts on my boards, which accounts for 40.9%.
      - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

I'm 750/2100...33%

Comment

I think your fine for now, dont try to answer ALL questions. If you know a member who could better answer the question, PM them and ask them to answer it. Dont try to act like a know it all or guru. Its a community, foster other members to answer questions, not just ask.

For the first few months, for few thousand posts, i wouldnt worry about your post count. Nice forum you have there, I'm thinking about flight school next year. I'll make sure i bookmark it.
          Bike Forums.net

Comment

Yeah, when your board has ~100k posts and you have ~50k of them, then you can start worrying.
            - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

Originally posted by andrewpfeifer
              Yeah, when your board has ~100k posts and you have ~50k of them, then you can start worrying.
              Yeah. You have 25/60.

Comment

My forum has 61 posts, mind you!
                - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

For me...

Threads: 400/2879 = 13.9%
                  --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                  Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                  vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by andrewpfeifer
                    My forum has 61 posts, mind you!
                    Weezer rocks but I can't be arsed to post messages about them
                    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

I'm 785/37000.

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1

Weezer rocks but I can't be arsed to post messages about them

Ahh! Weezer is great! Oh well, my forums are pretty dead anyway. Hopefully they'll pick up in a little bit. My site has had ~2k hits in like 3 days, which isn't bad for just starting up.

Ahaha, nifty, my 200th post.
                        - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

Well if you are than concerned you can make another user name and answer half of the posts using that And then tell yourself you are wrong .
                          Motorsport Forums

Comment

Re: Admin = Disproportionate Amount of Posts

Originally posted by Aviation Forum
                            Here's the deal...I have 105 members and 2100 posts after about 2 months. However, I (admin) account for 1/3 of all posts! I try to answer everyone to boost enthusiasm. Is it unusual for the admin to have a large percent of the posts in the first few months? Thanks.
                            So far on my boards, I have 95 members, 512 posts. My sister originally started the site, she had 179 posts. Since she is gone for two years, I have taken over and I have 42 posts. Most of my members know me from another board (ezboard) and know I am an admin. I did change my name in the admin cp so that my name isn't bold and my message below my name no longer says admin.

You can do what I have done, but my most frequent visitors enjoy talking with me and anyone else. I think you should make the few changes that I have done, then keep on posting and just have fun!

Odil

Comment

It always starts like that. Eventually you will see the % fall below 10%, then 5% and continue on down ...
                              Christopher Padfield
                              Web Based Helpdesk
                              DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X