money making - charging to have a forum on your forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mishkan
    May I ask, how does your registration process work? I mean, when people register on your board, they're actually just registering to view and post in the particular forums that their group uses.
    There is no special registration or membership for the sponsored forums. My sponsors pay for their forums and all registered members can post. These are not private forums.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have considered it in the past, not for companies, though, but for bands, since I have a music site. It would work well, it would bring fans of the music to my board, so they would post in the band's forum and in the sections of my forums. I've even gathered email addresses of bands I would like to offer this to, I just need to make up a feature list and tell them what they could do with it. I wouldn't charge, though, it would just be used to up my traffic.

Officialboard.com does something like that, only I believe they only have forums for bands, and not any for their own site.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X