Need advice: Looking to get a Digital camera soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice: Looking to get a Digital camera soon

I am looking at getting a Digital camera soon (since film would cost alot more for the amount I could be using it), and need people's experiences with there Digital camera's.

I am seriously looking at the Nikon CoolPix 995. I heard that the next model may be announced on May 29 which is next Wednesday. If that is true, I will get the Nikon CoolPix 995 when the price drops to $800 Canadian.

I would like to see your pictures from your camera's at the highest res, so I can see what they can do.v

Hi there,

if you are looking for a compact and great digital camera, I can recommend the Canon Digital Ixus line, great quality and very handy.
    cu,
    -Tom
    http://www.mcseboard.de/images/buttons/lastpost.gif www.MCSEboard.de
    German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

I have a Canon G2, and it is a awesome camera I highly recommend it.

Comment

As an alternative, the small Sony Px cameras are good. I have a P5 I think P7 is the new one now. I also liked the Canon range. Have a look at www.dpreview.com
        Christopher Padfield
        Web Based Helpdesk
        DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

i like the canon elph cameras

Comment

My personal camera is a Fuji Finepix 6900 Zoom (which I love) but I've recently been playing with a Fuji Finepix 2800 Zoom and I have to say that it's very hard to get a better camera for the same money or even a bit more.

Comment

I am going to get the Sony Mavica MVC CD-400
              It's looks like an awesome camera, from the reviews I've read.
              Last edited by Joshua Clinard; Thu 23rd May '02, 5:57pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Clinard
                I am going to get the Sony Mavica MVC CD-400
                It's looks like an awesome camera, from the reviews I've read.
                To me it looks expensive, large, uses stupid little CDs which you have to write to, ie much slower than flash memory. Just seems too large. The other cybershoot sony with the zoom if that is what you want this looks nicer to me.
                Christopher Padfield
                Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

Stupid little 3 inch 156MB CD-R's or CD-RW's, which you can store several hundred images, all for 4 dollars or less. Compare that to a 16MB Memory Stick which you can store a few images on, for about 40 dollars. Plus you can pop the CD in any computer, and transfer the images directly. No need to install any software, or use cables. Also, this camera has a lot of other nice features, and can do everything your average SLR can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Kier
                    My personal camera is a Fuji Finepix 6900 Zoom (which I love) but I've recently been playing with a Fuji Finepix 2800 Zoom and I have to say that it's very hard to get a better camera for the same money or even a bit more.
                    Kier, I totally agree about the fuji finepix line. I adore my finepix 1300 even if it's really low end these days. The finepix line is reasonably priced, high in features and fairly easy to learn to use.

Comment

The cheap storage is an advantage for wrting to cdr but comes at the cost of reduced battery life (spinning that cd is going to drain it), increased size and reduced speed in taking multiple shots (slower to write to a cdr than flash) as well as increased cost. If it is the price of the cdr's that is attractive then you would get the savings buy buying a cheaper card and more flash memory. For true SLR camera the best, i recon, is:

http://www.ssdonline.com/detail_page...urlid=7508A014

but at 2.5 times the price it is an awful lot of money for a camera
                      Christopher Padfield
                      Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

I love my Fuji FinePix A201 its been such a good toy, and the 64mb Flash memory is good, i purchased a flash/smart memory card reader to save me plugging the camera in and its so much better.
                        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I have the 995 and do recommend it. If I can help at all just let me know. I was able to get it for about $500 U.S. a couple months back with an extra 128 meg card.
                          http://www.softballfans.com
                          The Ultimate Softball Community
                          Forums, Bat/Equipment Reviews, Team Page Hosting and more!

Comment

Originally posted by JAC
                            I have a Canon G2, and it is a awesome camera I highly recommend it.
                            I'm looking at getting the Canon G5!

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...n/canon_g5.asp

Comment

Originally posted by Throwing Shapes
                              I'm looking at getting the Canon G5!

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...n/canon_g5.asp

Cannon Powershot G5 = One of the best Digi Cameras on the market
                              Webmaster / Administrator
                              www.MegaGames.com
                              www.MGForums.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X