Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hypedave
    replied
    oops, yeah forgot to close my tags on that example but they are closed for sure on my board

thanks for catching that for me, thats jus a rough draft frommy board, I had to take certains things out , like if you log in to my forum the top will actually say welcome$bbuser of course $bbusers representing your user name, I had to do a lot of action scripting in the swf, I cant wait to finish the intro swf file

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel
    replied
    Originally posted by hypedave
    its real easy to do , mine is different than how you would normally do it, because, I have it set to call everything from a text file, so the way I have mine set up is a lot different, try this

<EMBED src="images/sitename.swf
    "application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash".

I Cant guarantee that will work though
    Remember to close your tags, dave!

Leave a comment:

• hypedave
    replied
    its real easy to do , mine is different than how you would normally do it, because, I have it set to call everything from a text file, so the way I have mine set up is a lot different, try this

<EMBED src="{imagesfolder}/sitename.swf
    "application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash".

I Cant guarantee that will work though

Leave a comment:

• Skeptical
    replied
    How do you get flash to overlap your html page like that?

Leave a comment:

• hypedave
    replied
    hey thanks guys, yeah it doesnt require alot of hacking, I remember that the guyt that posted his forum, said that for each co hosted customer, they had their own template set, r u still out there, also thanks for the links to guys,

Leave a comment:

• Susan
    replied
    Actually, it doesn't require any hacking. It does require several different template sets, though - as many as you have different co-forums. Of course, you'll also have to modify those template sets and for it to look really good, you'll have to modify them a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Inzagi
    replied
    Re: Forum Co-Hosting

has anyone tryed forum co-hosting on one vb forum, for example,
    I have several artist on my record label and instead of purchasing a license for each artist I would like to give each artist a forum on my forum, I seen it somewhere where someone is doing the same thing, but I cant find that guys link, he posted it a while back here, does anyone know the link ?
    We do what you are asking: first-board.de
    check out:
    http://213.221.106.91/forum/forumdis...=&forumid=7681

But anyways, this requires A LOT of hacking if you want to do it perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• MarkB
    replied
    Re: Forum Co-Hosting

has anyone tryed forum co-hosting on one vb forum, for example,
    I have several artist on my record label and instead of purchasing a license for each artist I would like to give each artist a forum on my forum, I seen it somewhere where someone is doing the same thing, but I cant find that guys link, he posted it a while back here, does anyone know the link ?
    I host official band forums on my personal site (www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/), and also developed something similar for a company in the uk for their labels & artists (www.earboards.com/index.php).

Style sets are our friends

Leave a comment:

• hypedave
    replied
    try the shockwave player

Leave a comment:

• jmd
    replied

thankyou , that theme has been up for 2months problem free, dont scare me like that, when I can go to all 6 of my laptops and still see it
    LOL Something wierd at my end. I downloaded the new software, I even did a reboot and I still cant see it.

I went to my flash into on my website and it works with no problems

Strange

Leave a comment:

• hypedave
    replied
    Originally posted by jmd

Just clicked on it with my mouse. Said I didn't have the proper software. Umm I have flash I guess I don't have the right version I will download it now.

Sorry dave I guess its working

thankyou , that theme has been up for 2months problem free, dont scare me like that, when I can go to all 6 of my laptops and still see it

Leave a comment:

• jmd
    replied
    Originally posted by jmd

Hi dave at your site right now...and its not working.

Strange
    Just clicked on it with my mouse. Said I didn't have the proper software. Umm I have flash I guess I don't have the right version I will download it now.

Sorry dave I guess its working

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel
    replied
    jmd, in order to view Flash movies, you will need to have downloaded Macromedia' Flash plugin for IE/Netscape.

The current version is 6.0. Without this plugin, none of the SWFs will load.

Leave a comment:

• hypedave
    replied
    do you have the MACROMEDIA Flash Player installed ?

Leave a comment:

• jmd
    replied
    if you are talking about the logo on my forum, thats a SWF ( Macromedia Flash ) File, and none of my users have reported it not working so I dunno it works for me, on all my laptops right now
    Hi dave at your site right now...and its not working.

Strange

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X