Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Co-Hosting

has anyone tryed forum co-hosting on one vb forum, for example,
    I have several artist on my record label and instead of purchasing a license for each artist I would like to give each artist a forum on my forum, I seen it somewhere where someone is doing the same thing, but I cant find that guys link, he posted it a while back here, does anyone know the link ?

Dave your logo at the top isn't working. Don't know if you realize that.
    Cheers
    PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Comment

my logo at the top isnt working, huh,

Comment

if you are talking about the logo on my forum, thats a SWF ( Macromedia Flash ) File, and none of my users have reported it not working so I dunno it works for me, on all my laptops right now

Comment

Originally posted by hypedave
          if you are talking about the logo on my forum, thats a SWF ( Macromedia Flash ) File, and none of my users have reported it not working so I dunno it works for me, on all my laptops right now
          Hi dave at your site right now...and its not working.

Strange

Comment

do you have the MACROMEDIA Flash Player installed ?

Comment

jmd, in order to view Flash movies, you will need to have downloaded Macromedia' Flash plugin for IE/Netscape.

The current version is 6.0. Without this plugin, none of the SWFs will load.
              :)

Comment

Originally posted by jmd

Hi dave at your site right now...and its not working.

Strange
                Just clicked on it with my mouse. Said I didn't have the proper software. Umm I have flash I guess I don't have the right version I will download it now.

Sorry dave I guess its working

Comment

Originally posted by jmd

Just clicked on it with my mouse. Said I didn't have the proper software. Umm I have flash I guess I don't have the right version I will download it now.

Sorry dave I guess its working

thankyou , that theme has been up for 2months problem free, dont scare me like that, when I can go to all 6 of my laptops and still see it

Comment

thankyou , that theme has been up for 2months problem free, dont scare me like that, when I can go to all 6 of my laptops and still see it
                    LOL Something wierd at my end. I downloaded the new software, I even did a reboot and I still cant see it.

I went to my flash into on my website and it works with no problems

Strange

Comment

try the shockwave player

Comment

Re: Forum Co-Hosting

I have several artist on my record label and instead of purchasing a license for each artist I would like to give each artist a forum on my forum, I seen it somewhere where someone is doing the same thing, but I cant find that guys link, he posted it a while back here, does anyone know the link ?
                        I host official band forums on my personal site (www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/), and also developed something similar for a company in the uk for their labels & artists (www.earboards.com/index.php).

Style sets are our friends

Comment

Re: Forum Co-Hosting

We do what you are asking: first-board.de
                          check out:
                          http://213.221.106.91/forum/forumdis...=&forumid=7681

But anyways, this requires A LOT of hacking if you want to do it perfectly.
                          http://www.first-board.de

Comment

Actually, it doesn't require any hacking. It does require several different template sets, though - as many as you have different co-forums. Of course, you'll also have to modify those template sets and for it to look really good, you'll have to modify them a lot.

Comment

hey thanks guys, yeah it doesnt require alot of hacking, I remember that the guyt that posted his forum, said that for each co hosted customer, they had their own template set, r u still out there, also thanks for the links to guys,

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X