The Presidential Results!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Presidential Results!

Anyone like talking about politics? Was anyone else glued to the TV last night watching the results?? What do you think of the Palm Beach situation?

Really interresting, the only one guaranteed he has a job right now is Vice Presidential hopeful Liberman who was re-elected senator of Connecticut, and of course Gov. Bush.

I changed my registration to Republican this year because of the moral issues and the general deterioration of the national defence (I work for the DOD). These two issues aren't debatable for me, the Democratic party has failed through out the years on these issues in my opinion.

Comment

I have very bad feelings for Bush. If this guy wins, trust me, he will embarass himself and this country many times over. And the way he laughs, oh boy... Can you spell "incompetent"?

But before anyone jumps on me about this, I'm merely commenting on Bush, not Democrats vs. Republicans. I mean, he may be fighting for many things I agree with, but it's his competence that really scares me.

Well, there it is.
      - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Just a note here....

Did you notice that the Texans who elected Bush twice to the Governor's office....think he is absolutely competant to run the country? They voted overwhelmingly for Bush.

Contrary to the state of Tennessee....who voted for Bush rather than their native son...Gore.

And contrary to the state of Arkansas....who voted for Bush rather than their native son's VP....

I find this an amazing vote of confidence for Bush.

I'm a Texan...and he is a remarkable man. He has never embarassed the state of Texas or himself. He is a man of his word.
        Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

I agree he's not polished, but he's intelligent and down to earth, and he actually graduated college with higher grades than ...Gore.
          Don't let the Texas drawl and the inability to pronounce foreign names fool you. A lot of people were embarrassed and humiliated by Abraham Lincoln's appearance and back woods awkwardness. Now I'm not even trying to compare Bush with Lincoln, only history will be able to do that, but I'll give the man a chance if he win's.

[Edited by wajones on 11-08-2000 at 11:35 PM]

Comment

How abut the ability to pronoune ENGLISH words? That should count for something. I would have voted for Nader, but I wanted to be sure that my vote went to making sure that BUSH didn't win.

I'm sorry, a man who cannot speak proper English should NOT be allowed to run this country. There should be at least a literacy test as part of the qualifications.

I'm sure he did a great job for Texas. That's why they killed everyone ever convicted of a crime, and Houston has the worst air pollution in the country.

The only vote of confidence for Bush came from his parents. If it weren't for him, he'd be picking buckshot out of his dogs somewhere in Texas. The man should NOT be allowed to run this country.

A man of his word? He lied to his own family and media about being arrested for drunk driving. I don't care about how long ago it happened, he LIED about recently.

The white house needs a SERIOUS candidate. One who will not lie to his own family. Additionally, we need someone who can properly pronounce "subliminable".

If Bush wins this election, this country will go to total ****.

-jim

Comment

I have been glued to the news since yesterday... My productivity has been way down, I keep flipping from my work to cnn.com every 5 minutes.

I personally agree with JimF. I think Bush would bring on a lot of really bad things. Apathetic schools, an end to the great economy and low unemployment rate, the end of women's rights, tax cuts for the extremely wealthy, pollution, and the end of social security. When NBC announced Bush as the winner last night, I had this awful feeling of dread. I'm still optimistic though.
              We're Here Forums!
              [email protected]

Comment

See, this is why ya don't talk politics which is why I'm going to do it! Personally, abstention seemed the best way to go for me. When none of the canidates hold my ideals and neither is really even close, I can't see voting for either. I thought about writing in Mickey Mouse...at least he makes me laugh occasionally.

Seriously, though the thought of Tipper Gore in the White House scares the bejesus outta me. (Anybody remember a little thing refered to as "the Washington Wives" or the PMRC?) With a name like "metalmommy" (My AOL screen name before I became enlightend and my AIM name today) Tipper Gore scares me.

If there's ever an election where the politician is pro-choice, against huge amounts of social spending for those perfectly capable of work, for either cutting taxes or for a uniform tax percentage (ie flat tax), Pro gun control, pro free speech, and ready to clean up the criminal element by putting carreer criminals away for life and harsh punishments for even first time offenders, I'll get out and vote. Till then, I can't see putting my endorsement on any of them.

Now, who wants to talk religion? LOL

Comment

"subliminable"??

hrmmm.. I dunno, but last time I checked (bout 10 seconds ago) "subliminable" wasn't even a word, I believe the correct word is subliminal.
                  I'm sorry, a man who cannot speak proper English should NOT be allowed to run this country. There should be at least a literacy test as part of the qualifications.
                  Perhaps there is need for a polygraph test as well...

My father has less than stellar grammar, he was deaf as a child, and went through his early years of gradeschool without being able to hear. His grammar has suffered slightly as a result, and yet that has not stopped him from becoming one of the greatest teachers I have ever known. He is very competant at what he does, continually voted as the top instructor by his students (air force pilots). Although he hasn't mastered the English language, it by no means has affected his competency to get the job done. He has always been and still is one of the greatest examples of integrity, honesty, intelligence, character, and leadership that I have ever known. Aside from the DUI incident, Bush has reminded me of my father in many ways. While perfect usage of the English language at the highest levels is indeed an important factor in a President, it is by NO MEANS a determinant of capability.

And how can you even begin to criticise Bush for keeping quiet about a DUI, all the while knowing that his opponent Al Gore was part of an administration that has filled the past 8 years with scandals and lies?

As for the economy, we're still riding on the wave that Reagan and Bush created, it takes time for the economy to adjust to changes made by an administration and the good economy of today is not a result of anything the Clinton administration did.

Social Security?? That was a lost cause long ago, why keep chasing after something thats doomed to fail? Why should I be forced to let the government throw my money at a lost cause?

Womens rights?? What about a baby's right to live? On the day of conception, that baby is a living being, if women don't want the responsibility of a child, they should be responsible enough to prevent the conception of that child. What about mens rights? If in any way abortion should be legal, a man should have an equal say in whether that child lives, although the baby is not physically growing inside of him, he did contribute half of the genetic material required, it is his child too, and should be his decision as well. In the end, the baby is the one that gets screwed.

In my opinion, Gore is the incompetant one. He is the liar. He wants to take our guns, and with them, our freedom.

For the past 8 years Clinton and Gore have disgraced our country. I don't know about you, but I think it's time we had a President that doesn't evoke shame and mistrust from the citizens of the United States.

[Edited by Aaron on 11-09-2000 at 03:29 AM]
                  Aaron
                  aewebdesign

Comment

Regardless of what anyone may believe in, I think most of us have to agree... Gore is much much more skilled and competent as a politician than Bush.

Did anyone see Bush on Oprah? Many of his responses to questions were just so airheaded.

And the debates... Well, the last one Bush definitely got his ass kicked.

A very important attribute a president must have is the ability to negotiate and communicate with power. Bush doesn't have that. I'm sorry, but Cheney is much much more competent than W Bush. Heck even Jeb Bush looks, acts, and talks with much more composure than W.

Well, I guess it's settled. We will definitely miss Clinton. Imagine if he were allowed to run again. He'd kick Bush's ass in a second.
                    Well, there it is.
                    - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Miss Clinton?

No. Isn't possible. I'll be grateful to hide that one. He disgraced the nation.

Comment

Gore is bad, Bush is worse.

My vote goes to the lesser of two evils
                        But ofcourse I don't live in the USA...
                        - Insert viable disclaimer here -

ArtBeast!

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by Aaron
                          hrmmm.. I dunno, but last time I checked (bout 10 seconds ago) "subliminable" wasn't even a word, I believe the correct word is subliminal.
                          That's exactly my point.

-jim

Comment

Don't miss the point of elections though...its what makes our nation sooo cool!

In our country we get to express our views, vote in elections and then stay united as one nation under God.

When we have a change in government parties, an election, a rally, there is not the car torches, bricks through windows, building bombings and such that I hear about and see on the news from other countries attempting a democracy.

We have the coolest system. We don't have to take the leader based on genetics. We don't have to take a leader forever without a check and balance of term limitations and without an election.

I think its an awesome land we live in.

Exercise your vote and you've done the most patriotic thing you can do. ...(humming the Star Spangled Banner here)

No matter who wins...(and it might be a few weeks before we know according to some reports?) we will be a nation with the best system (and although not perfect...still the best possible in a world of imperfect people)....and we will be the nation which the world watches for strength, leadership and economic powers.

America! She's a great nation.

Comment

Originally posted by JimF
                              How abut the ability to pronoune ENGLISH words? That should count for something. I would have voted for Nader, but I wanted to be sure that my vote went to making sure that BUSH didn't win.

-jim
                              Maybe we should give everyone a "pronoune" test to be able to vote! No lets not, I would be disqualified, as we all probably would be.

By the way Hitler was perhaps one the most verbally polished public figures the world has known. He almost destroyed the very reason we can freely express our views without fear of being punished for it. I'm sure those who couldn't "pronoune" properly wouldn't have fit into his ideal super race of exceptable human beings.

Originally posted by Aaron
                              For the past 8 years Clinton and Gore have disgraced our country. I don't know about you, but I think it's time we had a President that doesn't evoke shame and mistrust from the citizens of the United States.
                              I agree 100%, for anyone to think that Gore didn't know and condone what Clinton was doing is a fool. The fact that he and all the Democrats in congress that didn't step up and condemn him is the shame of our country.

[Edited by wajones on 11-09-2000 at 12:02 PM]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X