X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrAfiX
    replied
    My Nomination

Just nominating my board... think it has a chance...

http://www.thetoybox.net/forums/
    also Different style on the same board
    http://www.thetoybox.net/forums/inde...s=&forumid=127

Leave a comment:

• rascal
    replied
    Originally posted by Jakeman

i think that would be a very bad rule
    Agree. It will make it more messy. Imagine if during the 5 months, we have about 10-20 nominations which were seconded but did not get picked....phew. At the same time, new boards would have no chance to get into it cos of the backlog of nominations.

A private board just for owners is still the best and viable.

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel
    replied

Yeah, people can nominate themselves many months in a row, or get somebody else to nominate them.

Leave a comment:

• Paul J
    replied
    I don't think there is a problem with the way scott gets the boards into the final round.

I think the problem is with people that make new nicknames, come in and second their board.

If a board doesn't get in then that's just the way it goes.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Originally posted by 1337Devil
    If a board gets nominated And seconded 3/4 times in a row, without appearing in the final 5, that board is automatically placed in the list for 1 month, but cannot be nominated again for 2/3 months after that round.

Leave a comment:

• Sinecure
    replied
    Its just the way the cookie crumbles. I'm sure talkloud will get in next month

Leave a comment:

• Faruk
    replied
    I agree with Jakeman & Smachol (on the put-this-into-a-licensed-owners-only-forum-subject)

Also, I agree with c-pr0mpt. There should be a rule that says something like

If a board gets nominated And seconded 3/4 times in a row, without appearing in the final 5, that board is automatically placed in the list for 1 month, but cannot be nominated again for 2/3 months after that round.

This gives them the fairness that they deserve, ie. they get nominated and seconded all the time, but due to bad luck they never manage to get in the final 5. However, it also stays fair to other boards, because this board cannot be nominated for 2 (or 3, might be better) months after that, whereas other boards only have the 1-month period.

I really say TalkLoud should just _be_ in the Final 5 for July. So much bad luck is just unfair...

Leave a comment:

• fury
    replied
    Oops, I forgot the rule about the board URL

http://forum.xibase.com/index.php?s= is the URL for the board at xibase.com

Leave a comment:

• pgowder
    replied
    Originally posted by fury
    http://www.racing-forums.com/bbs/index.php

Very impressive new design, a great sense of community, and I like the guy (Eww, not in that way )
    I'll second that one!

Leave a comment:

• Paul J
    replied
    I think he exaplined how sites get into the actual voting didn't he?

The problem I have is with people making a new name and just seconding their forums. But again, as far as your friend's site Talkloud goes, I think scott explained that sites are put into a hat. I'm sure you like the way Talkloud looks, that's why you voted for it.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    agree!

i still think this contest should be held in a forum where only licensed members can post.
    Yep, i agree, and I agree with eiSecure and c:

TalkLoud seems to be down though ..
    Error: Site Ouchie, Maybe later.
    We will be down for a while, sorry for any problems this may cause
    Last edited by Floris; Tue 21 May '02, 2:14am.

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel
    replied
    ...like TalkLoud...

I really believe that it should be in the voting since Bane spent lots of time on it, and it looks VERY good.

Leave a comment:

• c-prompt
    replied
    The thing I think that is most unfair is if a board is nominated and seconded 4 months in a row, and still never gets in the voting.

Leave a comment:

• Jeremy W.
    replied
    So... Where/when does voting normally happen?

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel
    replied
    Translation:
    John and/or James, get your butts down here and make a forum for vBBotM!

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X