This new baby is sOOO wel deserved
    AMD athlon XP 2100+ (1.7ghz)
    geforce 3 ti 200 128ddr
    256 megs of ddr
    40gb 7200 rpm HD

OH man, this thing is killer
    Board of the Month: November
    Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
    Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
    vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

nice rig. oh wait, it's a pc

Comment

hmm, i have a geforce3 ti200 65MB
      Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

upgraded my old P3 667 system to

P4 1.6A @ 2240 northwood SL668 Costa Rica March 28, 2002
        Stock Intel hs/fan
        Gigabyte 8SRX
        2 x 512MB Corsair XMS2700 DDR ram CMX512-2700C2 @185mhz
        32MB RIVA TNT2 M64 AGP
        2x LianLi RH58 Aluminium drive caddies w/ 2x 40mm fans
        1 x 80GB Seagate Barracuda IV 7200 RPM
        2x 15GB QUANTUM LM 7200 RPM
        1 X Promise Ultra ATA100 controller
        Aopen 68x CDROM
        PixelView PlayTV Pro FM TV Tuner Card with remote
        Hercules Gamesurround Fortissimo II sound
        Ricoh 4x6x24x SCSI CD-RW
        SMC 10/100 NIC
        Aopen HX08 with Topower GOLD 520W dual fan PSU
        3 x sunnon 80mm 42 cfm fans (1 attached to Zalman fan bracket over PCI slot)
        WinXP Pro

yes i know the TNT2 M64 is crap but waiting on my Leadtek 128MB GF4 Ti4200 TD to arrive

i multi-task like crazy... ever heard of someone maxing a P4 while multi-tasking ? well i did
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000

yes i know the TNT2 M64 is crap but waiting on my Leadtek 128MB GF4 Ti4200 TD to arrive
          i was like, whoa nice system... hey, wtf is this video card?!

erm, p4 1.6a is uber OCable. you can get that to 2GHz with stock cooling, 2.5GHz with a volt mod and alpha cooler. my brother has a 1.6a p4.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman

i was like, whoa nice system... hey, wtf is this video card?!
            Dude I was thinking the EXACT same thing LOL!!!

Eva2000, think you got it bad... Here's my daily routine. Notice how I've had to increase the size of my task bar just to accommodate my daily routines:
            Well, there it is.
            - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Re: Sinecure gets a new computer

Originally posted by Sinecure
              This new baby is sOOO wel deserved
              AMD athlon XP 2100+ (1.7ghz)
              geforce 3 ti 200 128ddr
              256 megs of ddr
              40gb 7200 rpm HD

OH man, this thing is killer
              Nice setup
              How about one of those?
              http://commerce.www.ibm.com/content/..._7040681T.html
              http://www.mcseboard.de/images/buttons/lastpost.gif www.MCSEboard.de
              German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

Originally posted by Skeptical

Dude I was thinking the EXACT same thing LOL!!!

Eva2000, think you got it bad... Here's my daily routine. Notice how I've had to increase the size of my task bar just to accommodate my daily routines:
                hehe you need winxp for taskbar grouping of programs.. 34+ IE 6 browser windows + some programs i use
                :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
                  hehe you need winxp for taskbar grouping of programs.. 34+ IE 6 browser windows + some programs i use
                  That is AWESOME LOL! Gonna go install XP soon...

By the way, how's that work? A drop down list? Does it ever get confusing though?
                  Well, there it is.
                  - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

That is AWESOME LOL! Gonna go install XP soon...

By the way, how's that work? A drop down list? Does it ever get confusing though?
                    yup drop down list... it does get confusing on vB forums which have the same first 3 words in the title tag

download tweakui powertoys for XP and you can change how many windows are opened before grouping

default is 3

i set it to 7

Comment

I need more memory, i only have 512mb DDR 2700 i just can't afford another 512 of DDR, stupid RAM prices in the UK are so high.

I have a Geforce 4 4400MX and it does me fine for the games etc.

George the Zalman is that wierd heatsink with all the copper fins coming out from it right?
                      If so i looked at one of them but went for a quieter run of the mill heatsink with fan on top, though i might change if the noise drives me mad. Was it hard to install?
                      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by PPN
                        I need more memory, i only have 512mb DDR 2700 i just can't afford another 512 of DDR, stupid RAM prices in the UK are so high.

I have a Geforce 4 4400MX and it does me fine for the games etc.

George the Zalman is that wierd heatsink with all the copper fins coming out from it right?
                        If so i looked at one of them but went for a quieter run of the mill heatsink with fan on top, though i might change if the noise drives me mad. Was it hard to install?
                        i got the fan bracket only http://www.zalman.co.kr/english/product/fb123.htm

using stock intel hs/fan and thermal pad right now

Comment

i need to build a new rig, , mabey ill buy a mac for fun like ill ever get the money

Comment

Originally posted by Anime-loo
                            i need to build a new rig, , mabey ill buy a mac for fun like ill ever get the money
                            good choice!

my next computer will likely be an iBook. i need a portable. rumors of an iBook revision are everywhere right now. i'll get one as soon as they update them again.

Comment

Ok, the IE windows I can understand, but do you really need that many SecureCRT windows?

Hey, you wanna talk about crap video cards? I got a Banshee in this puppy! w00t! Bring on your GF4s!

Actually, I think I'm going to be building a new computer soon. Only one problem: $$$. I was thinking about this one: http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=bnews.uwvax.567 . Thoughts?
                              Last edited by Mike Sullivan; Wed 15th May '02, 6:20am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X