Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the "v" in vBulletin?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's the "v" in vBulletin?

    These things just hit you when you're bored at work...
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

  • #2
    Here is my guess:
    Since vBulletin was originally used for VB Forums, it could have something to do with the fact that is was being used for a Visual Basic related site. I thought about that myself for a while.
    Last edited by MUG; Wed 22nd Jan '03, 3:46pm.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What's the "v" in vBulletin?

      Originally posted by filburt1
      These things just hit you when you're bored at work...
      This was discussed on here before if I remeber correctly. Maybe a search would reveal it's location.
      PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

      Comment


      • #4
        I can't search for "v" or "in"
        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by filburt1
          I can't search for "v" or "in"
          Try searching for "vbulletin stand for"

          Comment


          • #6
            or try looking at the most recent 3 pages in the Chit Chat forum. A thread about this was done less than a month ago

            Comment


            • #7
              I would say the v stands for virtual

              Comment


              • #8
                How let's just say it stands for whatever your little heart desires.

                I think it was added to make a new word that sound "internety".
                Translations provided by Google.

                Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by wluke
                  How let's just say it stands for whatever your little heart desires.

                  I think it was added to make a new word that sound "internety".
                  whats next E-vBulletin v3.0

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I believe the hip letter of 2002 is 'm'.

                    M-life
                    M-mode.
                    mobile this
                    moblile that



                    mBulletin.


                    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

                    What do you Listen-To? http://www.listen-to.com

                    i <3 vBulletin.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Not this old chesnut!

                      The V stands for Viscount. There is a small town in Eastern Europe called Bulletin and the man who first conceptualised the means of communicating by means of posts over the internet was the Viscount of Bulletin and this software is named vBulletin honouring him

                      Talking loud but aint saying nothing.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by veedee
                        Not this old chesnut!

                        The V stands for Viscount. There is a small town in Eastern Europe called Bulletin and the man who first conceptualised the means of communicating by means of posts over the internet was the Viscount of Bulletin and this software is named vBulletin honouring him

                        LOL
                        PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          John's Middle name is vBulletin

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Dalius
                            John's Middle name is vBulletin
                            That sounds a bit far fetched to me
                            Talking loud but aint saying nothing.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by mister
                              I believe the hip letter of 2002 is 'm'.
                              w00t! I created mArticle in... *scratches head* 2000, I believe. I'm ahead of the times! I'm leading the craze!

                              Oh, what? I'm not. Oh well.

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X