Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you run/own just a forum or site/forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I run 5 (or 6) sites, some small some large, and the support forums for those sites (+ more) is combined into one 'huge' vBulletin.

Next to that, I've integrated my board a lot with my sites, so they kind of depend / work on one another now.

Comment

Our main community (we have two smaller subscription communities not related to the main community topic) is a compliment to our site and only accounts for about 15% of our site's traffic. Most of our traffic goes to our content & features, not our community.

Though our community costs more to run than our content site!

Comment

just the forums at the moment although we are working on expanding
        :rolleyes::D:D:D:rolleyes:

Comment

We will eventually have a very big site and have forums along with it

When I say along with..I mean it. The site and forums have equal importance in our eyes

Comment

uhm
            My website is my forum :P
            All I wanted as a hobby is to have a forum. So that is my site now.

Comment

The forums are a big a part of my site. My main site is www.shiningstarsites.com and the forums are at http://forums.shiningstarsites.com.

As the sites are based on celebrities the forums are important for fans so they can chat while sharing and getting up-to-the-minute news and information that may not make it onto the sites on time. Each individual celebrities forum is customised with their picture etc so it all works very nicely together and vb easy to maintain and back-up

Comment

My forums are the meat of the site itself The forums control 95% of the content ... the site main page itself is run by vbportal ...
                OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X