Is it just me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wluke
    You are lucky they don't listen to me... I figure vB is worth at least twice as much as they charge for it.
    Im glad they don't lol because I would never pay almost 600 dollars Canadian for it lol Sorry it's good but not that good.

Cheers
    PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Comment

You are lucky they don't listen to me... I figure vB is worth at least twice as much as they charge for it.

I would pay double for it, (I guess I shouldn't be saying that!), because frankly it is a great piece of software. Similar to me buying 2 COPIES OF MICRSOFT OFFICE because you have to have a seperate one for mac and PC. I really want to gnaw someone's throat at microsoft. Really. Gnaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Nafae

I would pay double for it, (I guess I shouldn't be saying that!), because frankly it is a great piece of software. Similar to me buying 2 COPIES OF MICRSOFT OFFICE because you have to have a seperate one for mac and PC. I really want to gnaw someone's throat at microsoft. Really. Gnaw.
        If you want and would to pay twice the amout go a head Im sure they will take your money

Cheers

Comment

If not, I will.
          :)

Comment

Originally posted by eiSecure
            If not, I will.
            lol

Comment

Hi,
              vB is worth the money as already stated.
              I'm glad it isn't too cheap
              vB shall survive!
              -Tom
              http://www.mcseboard.de/images/buttons/lastpost.gif www.MCSEboard.de
              German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

I guess it depends a lot on how much money you get, and how you need to spend it.

I get USD$2.50 pocket money a week (im also 15, hello eiSecure ). Anyway, yeah, when I had to pay for the domain, webhosting, and a copy of vB, i dont really get much more money to spend on myself...

But, in my view vB is the best forum software software out there, and I didn't want to run an illegal copy of vB (as I do want my forum to become big).

So yeah, i guess it comes down to, how much do you really want it...

Comment

I don't necessarily like these threads. There are always those who believe that the web was designed as a "I can get everything I want for free" web. Well you get what you pay for. I see posts like this as childish and uneducated. Your parents obviously didn't teach you that nothing in life worth anything is free.

Out of the several scripts I have for my site, vBulletin owned licensing is the most reasonable of them all.

Quality web development software for applications or pages such as...

1) Adobe Photoshop
                  2) Macromedia Dreamweaver
                  3) Macromedia Flash
                  4) A multitude of other development software

doesn't come FREE or CHEAP for most folks!! In fact the better the quality of the software the more you pay.

Now the questions are... Do you own the above mentioned web development softwares? Did you purchase the software?
                  Have you ever done web development?

How about this one... Do you even own a legitimate copy of your Windows Operating System? Threads like this make me wonder.

If you can say "Yes" I own the web dev software and "Yes" I paid and use the software then more than likely you paid a thousand bucks or more and aren't posting a poll on the "Extremely high price of vBulletin".

I can't help myself but post on this. As mentioned, vBulletin owned licensing is the absolute least expensive commercial script I use.

There is a huge generation gap on the web. There is definitely a huge generation gap in this thread.

Maybe you ought to go down to the local cadillac dealer and tell them you want the car at a "ford" price. If you are even old enough to have a drivers license you'll most likely you'll be told to get a better job.

PS. I'm not trying to chastise here, I am trying to educate.
                  Last edited by Hooper; Thu 9th May '02, 11:38am.

Comment

I agree, but business decisions based on quantity sales is a good marketing strategy and charging double would do no more than lower the sales ratio. This wouldn't be true if there weren't so many less desirable free solutions. Look at Infopoop. Prices dropping faster than Wal-Mart.

A double price increase would eliminate the majority of these posts I'm sure. The target market would be quite different.

Comment

I'm with Wayne and would easily pay double of what it is. In my opinion it is head and shoulders above the other products I've seen. We'll see what the future holds but right now it is not unreasonable at all.
                      http://www.softballfans.com
                      The Ultimate Softball Community
                      Forums, Bat/Equipment Reviews, Team Page Hosting and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos
                        I'm with Wayne and would easily pay double of what it is. In my opinion it is head and shoulders above the other products I've seen. We'll see what the future holds but right now it is not unreasonable at all.
                        So would I. It's incredible to offer an owned license for the minimum requirement Jelsoft charge. Another reason I admire their business.

Comment

It's definitely worth the $160 for the owned license

Comment

A small price to pay for so much fun

Comment

Hopper

I don't belive the original poster was wanting the software for free, In his opinion he thought it was a little high thats all.

Nothing wrong with that. I think it's priced just right. However twice the price is insane. Not worth it. How ever those who feel that it's worth twice the price get the credit card out and charge away LOL

Twice the price lol makes my Scottish/ Irish blood turn to jelly

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hooper
                              I don't necessarily like these threads. There are always those who believe that the web was designed as a "I can get everything I want for free" web. Well you get what you pay for. I see posts like this as childish and uneducated. Your parents obviously didn't teach you that nothing in life worth anything is free.

Out of the several scripts I have for my site, vBulletin owned licensing is the most reasonable of them all.

Quality web development software for applications or pages such as...

1) Adobe Photoshop
                              2) Macromedia Dreamweaver
                              3) Macromedia Flash
                              4) A multitude of other development software

doesn't come FREE or CHEAP for most folks!! In fact the better the quality of the software the more you pay.

Now the questions are... Do you own the above mentioned web development softwares? Did you purchase the software?
                              Have you ever done web development?

How about this one... Do you even own a legitimate copy of your Windows Operating System? Threads like this make me wonder.

If you can say "Yes" I own the web dev software and "Yes" I paid and use the software then more than likely you paid a thousand bucks or more and aren't posting a poll on the "Extremely high price of vBulletin".

I can't help myself but post on this. As mentioned, vBulletin owned licensing is the absolute least expensive commercial script I use.

There is a huge generation gap on the web. There is definitely a huge generation gap in this thread.

Maybe you ought to go down to the local cadillac dealer and tell them you want the car at a "ford" price. If you are even old enough to have a drivers license you'll most likely you'll be told to get a better job.

PS. I'm not trying to chastise here, I am trying to educate.
                              [/QUOTE
                              Last edited by jmd; Thu 9th May '02, 1:01pm.

Comment

Re: Is it just me....

You wrote:

Ho0pper

I don't belive the original poster was wanting the software for free, In his opinion he thought it was a little high thats all.

Original poster:

.... But the prices of vB are a bit outrageous..... No free services? I don't mind a banner or two...

I was going to purchase a liscense but when i saw the prices I immeadately pressed my back button.... But I decided to come back and post my opinion....
                                My comment:

Wrong. OUTRAGEOUS doesn't equall a little high nor does the post regarding free mean anything other than free.
                                If the software sold for fifty bucks there would be those who would complain about the price. Happens to me all the time. I guess that's why I'm posting on it. I've dealt with this everyday for the last 12 years. Always someone wanting something cheaper or free. I swear they would complain if it were free. That or they would think that something was wrong with your product or services for being so cheap or free. Been there and done that as well. Now there is a real marketing failure. Be too cheap and find out what happens. That is a rough way to learn.

Needless to say, I don't work for those people nor do I lose sleep over them. You have to have whatever it takes to further your product or business. That or you won't be in business. That's the bottom line.

Last edited by Hooper; Thu 9th May '02, 1:53pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X