No announcement yet.

why do some people disable showgroups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do some people disable showgroups?

why is it that some people delete the file, or not show it on forum home?

im just curious
    Running vB since 4-14-2002

I don't want my members idolizing or sucking up to the moderators on my forums. My mods get only the priviledges that they need to perform their duties and do it for the good of the community rather than the "status" of being a moderator. I have my "showgroups" set to show all registered members although I'm going to take it out completely once I get around to it. Even my mods are sometimes confused by who isn't and who is a mod. LOL I have the "report this post to a moderator" active on my boards and if a member feels that something is out of line, they can report it that way. Most of them do know that I'm the admin, so they can PM or email me with concerns as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Susan
      I have my "showgroups" set to show all registered members although I'm going to take it out completely once I get around to it.
      Where's Jake with his huge *eek!* smilie when you really need him?!
      Chen Avinadav
      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Hi,

I don't have a link from our forumhome to the showgroups-page and I might remove it soon, because I don't need that page...
        I removed the Moderators cell from forumhome, too.
        Don't think it's that important.

cu,
        -Tom
        http://www.mcseboard.de/images/buttons/lastpost.gif www.MCSEboard.de
        German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

Originally posted by FireFly

LOL Firefly. I have all of 180 members. It's not a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by FireFly

i don't have a huge eek, just a :megarolleyes:

i personally use my showgroups thingy as a link at the top of my site to show all the mods.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X